GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently installed a pair of edelbrock shorts on my vortec 350, where the header meets the pipe and the 3 bolts couple the 2 ends together i keep loosing one of the three due to vibration i guess on my passenger side. does thread lock have a high enough temperature rating to use in this area or is there another method to keep the SOB's in place?

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
Slvrpismochevy96 said:
i recently installed a pair of edelbrock shorts on my vortec 350, where the header meets the pipe and the 3 bolts couple the 2 ends together i keep loosing one of the three due to vibration i guess on my passenger side. does thread lock have a high enough temperature rating to use in this area or is there another method to keep the SOB's in place?
Is your motor modified or stock? You shouldn't be getting that much vibration.. You need to make sure the pipe sits up there square. If you need to adjust the pipe you can simply insert another smaller pipe into it and bend the pipe in whatever direction you need it at.. Do a little at a time..

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont know that it vibrates all that much, i just didnt know what else would cause it, i did have some troubles getting it to line up so it probably didnt bolt up square. a friend of mine lost all 3 on one side so he probably had the same problem as me. thanks for the info :D

·
Registered
450 Posts
I had that problem with my JBAs lost two bolts, i used the lock nuts, but the nylon piece in the lock nut just melted off, so i just used normal nuts and tighten then from time to time.

·
Registered
131 Posts
They do make a threadlock that is made for high temp applications like on exaust and engine blocks, I saw the stuff at an auto parts store!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts