GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there, I want to get headers for my truck so which one is better for performance. what do you think of PaceSetter QuikTrip Long Tube Headers. and I want to know what are the differents between the long and short headers on performance.

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
long tube lets leave this post at that get long tubes

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
longtubes and nothing else...

·
Registered
807 Posts
the point of shorties is the fact that there "made to fit" longtubes require other mods such as welding/cutting exhaust piping so it will fit...

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
some one delete this before it get crazy againe

·
GMFS Uber-Member
688 Posts
Shorties are bad...anyone that says you should buy shorties is either trying to swindle you or needs rehab worse than Britney.

LONGTUBES, it's all you need to know.

·
GM Trucks & UA
1,635 Posts
Basically what everyone's saying is that the shorty headers don't flow any better than your stock manifolds. So if you're looking for performance then you should invest in long tubes and be prepared to modify. If what you're looking for is a $300 shiney dress up/looks matter kind of thing and performance isn't your reason for wanting headers, then get the shorties.

Then they'd tell you that you're crazy for doing it....:D

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
pacesetter longtubes/ Off Road Y-Pipe, and call it a day.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Full length.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
get longtubes and an offroad y-pipe, i wouldnt think you'd have to worry about rust, but get them coated anyway, they look better!

as far as modification, you have to cut a little bit of you exhaust and weld a new flange on....maybe $35 total if you dont have a welder.

Dave

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
many thanks to you for post, I am going to get the longtube, however what is the different between the Ceramic Coated and steel

·
Registered
89 Posts
Headers overall put out more heat in the engine compartment
No heat shields like the stock exhaust manifolds. Ceramic coating
cuts the heat way down. And you don't get that tinny sound that steel headers give you. Hope this helps. Lot o money for the headers but well worth it. What's $1500.00 for 10 Horsepower - That's what toys are all about
" I Guess "

1 - 20 of 24 Posts