GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
My name's not Kevin
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my headers. Thanks Santa!

The only problem installing them was removing the dip stick tube.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Gotta love those.
I have Gibson's on and love them feels like the motor isn't holding back at high RPM's.
Its not to hard of an install just time consuming.

·
Registered
658 Posts
nice headers dude...what brand are they...are they the edel brock ones....i have the edelbrock ceramic coated ones......they are nice, they gave my truck a deeper sound but i wanted it louder so today i just had a cut off installed right after my cats......man it is freaking loud and it sounds sooo goood.......

·
Registered
658 Posts
here is a pic of mine

·
My name's not Kevin
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SierraRollinDubz, I noticed a nice little gain through the entire throttle range. More than anything I was looking for more low end torque. My lil 4.8 with 3.42s in the rear just doesn't get off the line that well.

Todd, Very easy to install. About an hour per side taking my time. The only problem I had was the damn dip stick tube would not come out. That alone too an extra 1/2 hour.

Joshs2002Silverado, Been a while dude. I'm still looking forward to meeting up with you at Sears Point. They are Pace Setters. I wanted them to match my cat back. As soon as I get some extra money (what's that?) I'm going to make it a true dual exhaust.

·
Banned
164 Posts
Those are shorty headers by the looks of em :read:
While shorty headers will give you a noticeable gain, you can't go wrong with long tubes (ASM, TOGs). If you live in Cali, you will not pass smog with the ASMs since they don't have CARB, even if you pass the sniffer test :think:
The new Edelbrocks are nice. Thick flanges and for a cheap price (in the $200 range) you can't go wrong.

kevindepot said:
More than anything I was looking for more low end torque. My lil 4.8 with 3.42s in the rear just doesn't get off the line that well.
Nothing a 3000 stall won't fix :D
My Vig 3200 launches my lil 4.8 off the line. Last night I took a 03 GT off the line all the way through 1st and 2nd gear :D

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Nothing a 3000 stall won't fix :D
My Vig 3200 launches my lil 4.8 off the line. Last night I took a 03 GT off the line all the way through 1st and 2nd gear :D
I bet that GT driver was a lil surprised to see a truck take him off the line and through 2nd gear.

·
GMFS Senior Member
1,946 Posts
Originally Posted by kevindepot
More than anything I was looking for more low end torque. My lil 4.8 with 3.42s in the rear just doesn't get off the line that well.
im running a 2800 stall with 4.10's with my 4.8. it rips off the line pretty well
plus i just added and underdrive and lapole headers w/ cats removed.
i'll get some times this summer. WA sucks for the winter months

·
My name's not Kevin
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im running a 2800 stall with 4.10's with my 4.8. it rips off the line pretty well
With the 4.10s what do you tach @ doing 70? I spend about an hour a day on the freeway. I would love to run them gears but don't want to over work the lil girl.

Looks good. Does the engine sound a lot deeper/louder?
No. For about the 1st week it was a little louder, not much. But now it's back to pre header sound.

·
GMFS Senior Member
1,946 Posts
With the 4.10s what do you tach @ doing 70? I spend about an hour a day on the freeway. I would love to run them gears but don't want to over work the lil girl.
i spend alot of time on the freeway also. i spin about 2500-2600 on the freeway at 75mph. so 70 is about 24-2500

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
Hey Kevindepot I bet you can't keep your foot off the throttle now.. lol
Looks good..
:head2:

·
My name's not Kevin
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i spend alot of time on the freeway also. i spin about 2500-2600 on the freeway at 75mph. so 70 is about 24-2500
Damn, I'm hitting about 1800-1900 @ 70mph now.

Hey Kevindepot I bet you can't keep your foot off the throttle now.. lol
Never could. But now it sounds great when she hits about 2500 rpm and the cat-back and headers start to sing togather.

·
Registered
658 Posts
kevindepot said:
SierraRollinDubz, I noticed a nice little gain through the entire throttle range. More than anything I was looking for more low end torque. My lil 4.8 with 3.42s in the rear just doesn't get off the line that well.

Todd, Very easy to install. About an hour per side taking my time. The only problem I had was the damn dip stick tube would not come out. That alone too an extra 1/2 hour.

Joshs2002Silverado, Been a while dude. I'm still looking forward to meeting up with you at Sears Point. They are Pace Setters. I wanted them to match my cat back. As soon as I get some extra money (what's that?) I'm going to make it a true dual exhaust.

yeah its been a while...i was hoping that there would be the hangover brackets this year up at sears but it was rained out.....those are always fun, runnin your truck after partyin.,....yeah i cant wait we only got like two months we should get hella people together for that....i know a couple of my buddies would be up for running....

·
THE VIKING !!!
279 Posts
I cant seem to find a good long tube header other then HAMM .. Who makes them ??

·
My name's not Kevin
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I cant seem to find a good long tube header other then HAMM .. Who makes them ??
I never looked into it. Sorry I'm no help there.

·
GMFS Senior Member
1,946 Posts
have you thought about dean lapole's? they are a great mid legth header. good especially if your lowered. i put these on and there awsome. noticed gain through the power band. see them here

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
very nice. i have a set of edelbrock shortys, i havent installed them. i need to order gaskets and donuts. what gaskets did you use?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts