GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Gotta be Lifted
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how to u remove the headlights in a 1996 tahoe? i figured out how to take the signal lamps out but i have no idea how to remove the heads. Am i gunna have to remove the grill shell to get to the 4 10mm bolts? How do i remove the grill shell?

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Removing the grill shell is easy (im assuming it like my 96 c1500)

1. Remove all of the bolts (4 on top, 2 on the hinge "assembly' in the middle of the grill, and i believe thats it) then on the bottom the grill shell should just be held on with the slip through kind of connectors (you've gotta push one end down and slide it out) then your grille shell is off.

Removing the headlights, after the grill shell should just be common sense.

Hope that helps.

·
GMFS OG Member
760 Posts
You shouldn't need to remove the grille shell to get the headlights. After popping the hood there should be 2 shafts on top of the radiator support to the headlamp assembly right over where the headlight sits and you should use a 3/16ths socket to remove them. After removing the screws you can simply pull the headlight forward.

·
I will NOT cowboy up!
1,948 Posts
slowsierra93 said:
You shouldn't need to remove the grille shell to get the headlights. After popping the hood there should be 2 shafts on top of the radiator support to the headlamp assembly right over where the headlight sits and you should use a 3/16ths socket to remove them. After removing the screws you can simply pull the headlight forward.
thats how mine come out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts