GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have quite a few cases of a new product that should hopefully be arriving very shortly. This is perfect for anyone who is in need of restoring headlights/taillights, or wants to offer it to their customers. I've tested the product on both headlights & taillights (pics attached), and can offer my opinion on the product.
Heres what I like about it. First, it doesnt require any power tools, buffers, pads, compounds, etc. The kit comes neatly packaged with step by step instructions that anyone can follow. Really very easy. It comes w/ everything required to do the job. Wetsand paper, wetsand lube, cleaner, and sealant (plus a little more, but thats the guts of the kit). The results are great! When I tested the product, it didnt take me very long to do the lenses. Both headlights took about 30-40 mins and the one brake light lens took me about 10-15 mins. I've done stuff like this too many times to count, so someone who may be doing this for the first time, give yourself an hour to an hour and a half to do a set of headlights.

Before and Afters:

Heres the 3rd brake light lens from my s10. One thing I have to point out... those 2 large defects in the lens. Apparently, the last owner put bulbs that were too hot in there and it melted the damn plastic :( Thats why it looks that way, and unfortunately, nothing I can do about it, short of purchasing a new lens. Anyway, this thing was oxidized to all hell and had some scratching in it as well. I ran some professional polish over the center real quick just so you can see the difference.
0916091943.jpg

Now, heres the same lens after its been cleaned up using the kit.

DSC00636.jpg

Ok, that worked well! How about on headlights though? I just happened to have the perfect candidate :D My neighbor has a very neglected Taurus. I cornered him when he came home and asked if he was willing to donate his vehicle for product testing purposes. He had no problems. Said it was mine for whatever I needed. Sweet.

BEFORE:

DSC00638.jpg

DSC00639.jpg

AFTERS:

DSC00644.jpg

DSC00645.jpg

DSC00650.jpg

DSC00648.jpg

He wasnt around when I finished, but I'm sure he'll enjoy being able to utilize those headlights again :)

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone who may be interested, pm me. I'll do a pre-order price.

Retail pricing is going to be 29.95 and has enough to do about 2 full sets of lenses. :shake:

·
Detailer & PC Tech
2,785 Posts
holy crap. good results for no tools

i'll be very interested in a set!

and by full sets you mean 2 pairs?

heads and tails and maybe 3rd brake? or just pairs?

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
holy crap. good results for no tools

i'll be very interested in a set!

and by full sets you mean 2 pairs?

heads and tails and maybe 3rd brake? or just pairs?
You could probably do one full set of headlights, taillights and 3rd brake light. Might have a little left over, depends how sparingly you use the sealant. Thats what will run out first from my experience.
I'll shoot you a pm :)

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you know if you can use optiseal in place of the sealent they use?
I would say no. Theirs is more of a coating than a sealant. I'm sure there is no problem topping theirs w/ optiseal once theirs has time to properly bond/outgas.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice work Chris !!!!! I might have to pick up one of these kits !!!
Thanks! You should... definitely a good kit and you can sell this to customers w/ no problem :)

What would be a good price to charge someone to offer them this service?
Depends what you can get in your area. I'd say 50-60 per pair (headlight = 50, tails = 50, etc) is more than fair though.

·
Registered
745 Posts
That looks great. I was going to get a kit at Harbor Freight might have to change my mind. :hmm:

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,252 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
I need this for my wifes tiburon! headlights even with HID's are terrible. would be a good before and after

·
Registered
745 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do you think this would be easy for someone with zero experience to do? Our Jeep's headlights are in awful shape, but I'd hate to make it worse if I do something wrong!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts