GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 2016 GMC 2500 All Terrain (6.6L). Truck has stock headlamps and the driver side (Part #: 84180592) clearly has gotten a crack in it somewhere and is filling up with moisture. Since that began I have lost the LED running lights on the top and bottom. Price check from the dealer puts the replacement at $1500.00. Curious if anyone else has had this issue and found a cheaper aftermarket option that is still decent quality. It appears as though there are several different styles and harnesses etc. I would like to switch to an OEM style that is clear if I'm going to switch. Any advice/recommendations or pictures of new headlamps that would fit are appreciated.

Collin

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Hi all,

I have a 2016 GMC 2500 All Terrain (6.6L). Truck has stock headlamps and the driver side (Part #: 84180592) clearly has gotten a crack in it somewhere and is filling up with moisture. Since that began I have lost the LED running lights on the top and bottom. Price check from the dealer puts the replacement at $1500.00. Curious if anyone else has had this issue and found a cheaper aftermarket option that is still decent quality. It appears as though there are several different styles and harnesses etc. I would like to switch to an OEM style that is clear if I'm going to switch. Any advice/recommendations or pictures of new headlamps that would fit are appreciated.

Collin
Check on ebay. There are plenty of options with regard to used. We get them off of there all the time.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Considering this as an option:

I guess my only confusion was whether or not I had HID/xenon lights or the regular halogen with LED DRLs. I just recently got the truck and as I began reading it seemed as though there were more options than I thought. That being said, any pictures of aftermarket styles on you guy’s rigs is appreciated.

Cheers,

Attachments

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,438 Posts
Considering this as an option:

I guess my only confusion was whether or not I had HID/xenon lights or the regular halogen with LED DRLs. I just recently got the truck and as I began reading it seemed as though there were more options than I thought. That being said, any pictures of aftermarket styles on you guy’s rigs is appreciated.

Cheers,
Those look like shit

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I appreciate your honesty, lol. That’s why I’m hoping maybe y’all have some pics. It’s kinda hard to picture in my head and google search didn’t do much justice.

I guess the lack of pictures even on google images should’ve been a decent indicator there’s not a whole lot of decent looking options?

·
Super Moderator
5,854 Posts
Buy the slt 2016+ headlights and harness from gen5diy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts