GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you guys heard of Racer-Union.com for getting headlights and such? Are their products any good, and do they fit correctly?

The deal is this: the stuff on their site is priced very very low, but they get you on shipping, but the prices are so low, that even with the exorbitant shipping, you still come out way ahead.

The other deal is this: back around 2000 or 2001, I had bought some projector headlights for the 96 chevy i had at the time. They were APC brand, and despite the fact that the lights projected BAD ASS, the lights physically stuck out from the grille like 1/2" inch. Looked retarded. Since then i've never bought aftermarket headlights for an 88-98 model. I've seen a few brands that fit, like TYC and Matrix, but we're back to price.

So what i'm looking for from you guys are:

anyone with experience putting lights in an 88-98- what brand, how was quality and fit?

Anyone with experience dealing with Racer-union.com

Thanks, guys.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Come on guys, nothing? I figured surely someone on THIS forum would have an answer for me!

I'll modify my question a bit.

Have any of you bought headlights for the 88-98 trucks? If so how did they fit, and what brand were they/where did you get them?

·
Smiggles
3,493 Posts
I bought mine from a flea market, only thing is I need to fix them as the slant to one side. other than that, i cant complain

·
Registered
452 Posts
those dont look to bad
not bad for 145 for both

how well would those work with HID's?

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
I've never heard of the company mentioned, but usually places that have ridiculous shipping fees also have bad customer service. Think about it. If the lights are garbage and you send them back then they'll, of course, deduct any shipping fees from your refund so they'll still make a nice profit off of you for their time. I'd much rather buy from a place with normal shipping fees and a higher product cost if the end prices are the same.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Steve, I have to agree with what you're saying. Kinda falls back on the "too good to be true" concept.... What doesn't add up is that everyone who reviews them gives them rave reviews. On the products that is.....I think a few people did complain about their service.

Check them out. www.racer-union.com -they've got killer deals......i mean headlights LED park lenses, AND corners in the same kit for $100 or less. If it's legit then even if you add $50 for shipping, you still come out way ahead.

Just falls back to my question; do their products fit.....and how's the quality.

I'm tempted to just go ahead and buy from stylin or at least some place that tells me the brand. Paying for the security, right?

·
kissin hands shakin babie
6,529 Posts
i have had great customer service from stylin trucks. my box ripped in shipping, and i lost all 6 clamps to my tonnue cover, and they shipped me some the very next day, no questions asked.

·
Smiggles
3,493 Posts
i have had great customer service from stylin trucks. my box ripped in shipping, and i lost all 6 clamps to my tonnue cover, and they shipped me some the very next day, no questions asked.
:word: they gave me a price 10 dollars higher than what i had on teh website for my spindles and flip kit. gave me teh price i said no questions asked as well

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The ones from CKResto are good? I was wondering. The fit is correct and all?

·
Registered
13,677 Posts
i just posted in a thread asking for this same shit today with a set of headlights, parking lights, and corners for $46. Search button is your friend.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts