GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i just wanted to see if anyone on here has bought any of the headlights/parking lights/corner lights for the obs truck??

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cd/t.aspx?Page=68

the ones i was looking at were the ones on the top left and the middle right, on the right hand page

and the clear silver trimmed parking lights on the left page

·
Registered
285 Posts
Man, you and I are in the same boat. The halo lights, i'm pretty sure, are Matrix brand, which should fit, i've seen them installed before, which leads me to think the others might be Matrix as well. If this is true, then I'd say they would fit nicely. But it just doesnt say the brand. And that bothers me.... I had a set of APC projectors some years ago that didn't fit. They stuck out from the grille about 1/2" and it looked awful. Maybe retarded is the word. Visibility was bad-ass, and this is before there was a such thing as HID. Too bad they didn't fit. That experience kinda scared me of buying lights ever since.

·
Watchu know about trucks?
1,154 Posts
You can find the exact same lights by the same manufacture on eBay for 1/4 to 1/2 the price or even less.

I bought my projector/halos that I used to have on my Suburban for $79.99 on eBay. They're $199.95 from LMC.

·
Registered
285 Posts
What brand of parts are we talking about here? LMC doesn't name a manufacturer on their lights.

·
Registered
8,853 Posts
i'm interested in this as well, my current diamond clear headlights i have get water in them and are turnin black currently :( so i'm wondering if the ones they offer on ckresto are a better quality aftermarket brand or if i should just get the factory headlights since the adjustments on those actually work unlike the cheap aftermarket ones :nono:

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im just looking around for some and i was trying to stray away from ebay because i have had some people tell me not to buy any lights or anything and i just got my lmc magazine and i saw those

there was one set from stylin trucks that i was looking at for 145 for them

im just trying to find some new ones that will work with HID's fine and be halfway inexpensive

·
:bishplz:
5,053 Posts

·
1,154 Posts
What brand of parts are we talking about here? LMC doesn't name a manufacturer on their lights.
All of those style lights from LMC, Matrix, APC ect. are Chinese/Korean/Taiwanese made lights and those companies just slap their name on.

The ones on eBay are the same lights, just in a plain white box, you dont have to pay the extra mark up to repackage them into the other companies packaging.

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,241 Posts
All of those style lights from LMC, Matrix, APC ect. are Chinese/Korean/Taiwanese made lights and those companies just slap their name on.

The ones on eBay are the same lights, just in a plain white box, you dont have to pay the extra mark up to repackage them into the other companies packaging.
yup. Like most retail things nowadays too.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so it wouldnt be bad to get the ones that come as all the lights set from ebay then

i know someone else on here just bought some and had good luck with them but i am still a lil unsure

·
Registered
285 Posts
Well I had some APC ones back in the day that suck out from the grille about half an inch. Looked like shit. Then i've seen some brands that fit right. They are NOT all the same. Thats personal experience. 2 sets of the APC's fit the same exact way.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Resurrecting an old post here......but yeah back to the lights.

These that are on eBay, LMC, from Hong Kong, etc....how do they FIT?

Read my previous post about the APC ones I had once...twice, actually.

Does anybody have a link for some lights that they used personally that fit correctly?

Close up pictures would be great.

·
1,154 Posts
Find the style you like, then shop around. Almost all are made by the same sweat shops.

Keep in mind if you get headlamps, they'll need to be adjusted. No headlamps, even OEM's arrive with the correct adjustmentsout of the box.

·
Registered
285 Posts
So in an effort to be a cheap-ass, I opted to restore the lights on my 1990 Silverado. I picked up the Turtle Wax light resto kit from walmart ($10) and some additional sandpaper, the 3m wet-or-dry package that had (i think) 220, 320, and 400 grit. That was all I could find at walmart, and I didn't feel like driving all over town for the right grit sandpaper. This would be fine. I started with 320, and moved up to 400, and then used the abrasive pads that came with the kit.

The first few rubs were dry, and yielded YELLOW dust. Nasty shit, guys. After then I kept the water on it. Once I sanded off all the yellow crap, I moved up to the 400 grit, and the results were getting progressively better.

Oh yeah, and before I started, I grinded off the three little plastic tits from the front of each headlight lens.

ANyway, I did the headlights, park lights, AND tail-lights. I have to say.......man......it looks good. Looks like brand new stock lights.

Granted, they're not ice-crystal lenses or anything, again, looks like brand new stock. I can see the bulbs inside, that's how clean and clear they are now. Visibility is great, and they just look good when they're on as well.

I gotta tell ya, this will hold me over.

·
808_Silverado
14 Posts
I got da crystals off ebay and love em... they were way cheaper than LMC and I have had em 2 years with no issues.

I also have black lights with projectors on my burb and I dont care for the projector lights because they look funky from different angles when theyre on... just preference I guess.

Go ebay!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Sorry for being lazy, but here's a picture of my headlight restoration results.
I got in a hurry and forgot to take a 'before' picture, but the lights are stock 1990 headlights.

photo.gif

1 - 20 of 20 Posts