GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
i like interco
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so all those lights aren't working.

I wrecked my truck awhile back, and just getting it back together. I put in hids in lows and highs. Leds are in blinkers, parking lights, and I wired the drl to be blinkers. The only lights working are the drl bulbs that are wired to the blinkers. I have the four high mod with both yellow wires on the lows cut and grounded (previous owner did it).

I have an led flasher module installed but put the oem one back in and no difference.

Unplugged the hids and no change.

My blinker lights on the dash are on constantly on along with the high beam indicator regardless of switch position or dimmer lever.

2002 2500hd

·
CHARGED
137 Posts
Alright so all those lights aren't working.

I wrecked my truck awhile back, and just getting it back together. I put in hids in lows and highs. Leds are in blinkers, parking lights, and I wired the drl to be blinkers. The only lights working are the drl bulbs that are wired to the blinkers. I have the four high mod with both yellow wires on the lows cut and grounded (previous owner did it).

I have an led flasher module installed but put the oem one back in and no difference.

Unplugged the hids and no change.

My blinker lights on the dash are on constantly on along with the high beam indicator regardless of switch position or dimmer lever.

2002 2500hd
Sounds like you have a wire that's frayed and is grounding itself out somewhere, I would go over all the wiring for the lights to see if you can find a stripped one anywhere (if you haven't done this already).

·
i like interco
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like you have a wire that's frayed and is grounding itself out somewhere, I would go over all the wiring for the lights to see if you can find a stripped one anywhere (if you haven't done this already).
I had the polarity mixed up. I have the parking and blinker lights functioning properly now. I'm gettin power to the pass side but not drivers. hids on neither side are lighting. So seems like an issue with them, grounding problem, or voltage problem right now.

Cliffs-everything but the headlights are functioning.

·
i like interco
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright fuse was the problem with no power, and the hids clips were backwards causing my polarity to be wrong when it was clipped in in what looked to be right.

Cliffs- I'm in too big a hurry to get my truck back together.

·
i like interco
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glad you got it sorted your truck looks awesome. Good to hear it's getting back together.
:shake: thanks brother. It's going back uncolormatched because my painter retired. Idk who I'll get to paint everything this time, but it'll look just the same except a z71 tahoe valence and an oem grille with a bowtie.

But I still have my welds and this 14" whiplash :insane2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts