GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Read Only
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to get an idea of what some of you guys are running for aftermarket or modified lights ....

Have seen a few options online but they aren't ever on the trucks .. looking for 15 year body style 2500HD's

·
Registered
649 Posts
I'm running LEDs on my 03 2500 suburban with clear lenses up front. If your going to do something like that though, don't be a dick, aim the headlights down. I live in Phoenix where you don't need headlights to see because of all the streetlights, the only reason to have headlights is so that other people can see you. If I'm out camping the high beams give plenty of range.

·
Read Only
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm running LEDs on my 03 2500 suburban with clear lenses up front. If your going to do something like that though, don't be a dick, aim the headlights down. I live in Phoenix where you don't need headlights to see because of all the streetlights, the only reason to have headlights is so that other people can see you. If I'm out camping the high beams give plenty of range. View attachment 869441
Gotcha .... My buddy had a ram that we put the LED's in and I think he needed to aim them but ended up taking them out like a month later because he couldn't see .....

·
Registered
649 Posts
From my experience they aren't great for increasing visibility. Overall it was a waste of money, but I like the way it looks, and I have wasted a lot more money on worse things...

I'll probably look into a light bar that I can make as discrete as possible.

·
Read Only
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From my experience they aren't great for increasing visibility. Overall it was a waste of money, but I like the way it looks, and I have wasted a lot more money on worse things...

I'll probably look into a light bar that I can make as discrete as possible.

I was thinking about some sort of light bar too ... Just dont want it to go on the windshield near the top of the roof since i really dont want to drill holes into the door jams ... I was thinking maybe something lower near the windshield cowl or something. About the headlights tho I was also thinking about demon eyes ...

·
Super Moderator
5,730 Posts
Buy morimoto hids.

Leds in your oem projectors will not provide any better light than the standard bulb.

The projectors on the hd trucks sucked. Just like the 14/15 1500 sierras and ltz silverados

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Read Only
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmm... I will have to look into that ... With the level people hate being in front of me but with no street lights and a whole lot of nothing around its still pretty dark.. Always on the look out for friggen deer !

·
Read Only
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I feel like they are low still ... It was only rough country keys and leveled it about an inch to an inch and half .. Realistically as it is in the truck when you pull up behind a sedan you are in their rear view lol

·
Read Only
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Buy morimoto hids.

Leds in your oem projectors will not provide any better light than the standard bulb.

The projectors on the hd trucks sucked. Just like the 14/15 1500 sierras and ltz silverados

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do the h.i.d's fit behind projectors bits in the headlight assembly ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts