GMC Truck Forum banner

Heads, cam, intake and rockers going on the HD!

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  tbyrne 
#1 ·

I've canceled the Whipple supercharger and will be going with this package instead. It consists of -

Aluminum heads - compression goes to 10:1 and there is a 100lb savings over stock!
Cometic stainless steel head gaskets
ARP head bolts
1.8 rockers
New intake manifold - this is purty! :)
Camshaft designed for outstanding low to mid range power (not named yet)

This upgrade should be worth close to 130 horsepower and I expect to see everything in about 2-3 weeks.

2002 8.1 Silverado HD - Full Throttle lift, 37" tires, 4.56 gears, Comp Cam, TOG headers, Volant induction plus more! Heads, cam and intake manifold upgrade coming soon!
2002 8.1 Suburban -Intercooled Whipple supercharger, 22" wheels/tires + more - 407hp/558 ft-lb torque at the rear wheels - 13.93 @ 95.79 MPH

www.tbyrnemotorsports.com

See less See more
#3 ·
MAN! That's going to rock out!

The HD already has a cam from what I recall...are you going to a larger one?

Is that TB a BBK?

:D

#6 ·
I'm going to have to strap this to the dyno to get some before and after numbers for this upgrade :) I'm currently using a mild Comp Cam, this will be replaced with something that is more aggressive but will still be good for low to mid range power. That is the RPM that I'm usually in. Their mild cam is good for about 25hp, 35-40 from the next one up and then the high performance one will show about a 50 horsepower increase.

Quick update about the intake. The one pictured above is an early prototype so it shows the throttlebody facing straight out. The new one has the correct angle to mate up to the induction. A large billet aluminum throttlebody with an oval opening will be available in the next 1-2 weeks. This will flow about 1200 cfm. Life is getting good for the 8.1s :) I'll also be installing one of these with the complete package.

A few people have called about the 1.8 rockers. These are a direct bolt-on that will fit under your stock valve covers. They can be installed with no other modifications required. You'll see about 12hp from them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.