GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i really like the look of heady duty trucks and i have a 2500 and was wondering if everything on the front of this is bolt on and or what would i need?
d2_4.jpg
I like the black diamond looking grill, the middle chrome bar with the chevy emblem i can go either way and the bumper looks different but im not sure? can anyone help? maybe prices or part numbers?

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
You have to trim your frame tips a little so that the bumper can be lowered. Not exactly a bolt on mod, but not to hard if you got the right tools.

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do i need that chrome bar with the emblem to do this or can i just keep the one i have. cuz i want the hood, the grill and the bumper

·
Registered
175 Posts
The grill and chrome bar is all one piece, just like yours now. So you would need the hood, grill, and bumper cap (the acual bumper is the same). And yes the bumper will need to be lowered to get it to fit.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
you will have a harder time with the 2500 than i did with the 1500. the frame tips on your truck are harder to lower than mine. if you lower your frame tips, it will bolt right on.

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
greyHD said:
The grill and chrome bar is all one piece, just like yours now. So you would need the hood, grill, and bumper cap (the acual bumper is the same). And yes the bumper will need to be lowered to get it to fit.
so the only thing different about the bumper is that top black part? it just goes right over and clips on it or something?

·
Registered
175 Posts
spitfire2332 said:
so the only thing different about the bumper is that top black part? it just goes right over and clips on it or something?
Yup, the chrome bumper itself is the same, topcaps are different. The HD topcap does have 2 supports in it at the corners but just snaps on the bumper.

rj

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
DemoN said:
shut it :read: least i decided to keep the truck. i was sooo close to buying that 2004 crew cab Z71 :read: only reason i didnt do it, is i dont want payments for 5 MORE years. :bowtie:

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
DemoN said:
bah...you'll HAVE to buy a new truck...you'll end up parting this one out to the frame :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
you only live once. i aint scared :head:

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
DemoN said:
:LOL:

hey, i haven't heard from my parts pimp...whatcha got? i'll take your dash:read: :LOL:
i sold my extra dash to steve. i still have the lower part for sale and the factory console piece :head:

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
DemoN said:
i want the top piece. just take it off the red truck and sell it to me...you know you'll do it sooner or later anyway:LOL:
you want my 5.3 as well???? :LOL:

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
greyHD said:
Yup, the chrome bumper itself is the same, topcaps are different. The HD topcap does have 2 supports in it at the corners but just snaps on the bumper.

rj
ok now what if i go to get a brush guard? would i order one for the 2500HD or just the 2500?

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
spitfire2332 said:
ok now what if i go to get a brush guard? would i order one for the 2500HD or just the 2500?
you would actually be in a bind, because, you would have the 2500HD grille shell and bumper position, but you would have the 2500LD frame behind it. you would have to order a 2500HD grille guard and probably make some custom brackets to mount it up. i work at a truck accessory shop and have alot of experience with this kinda stuff. its a little easier to explain in person.

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i kinda figured id have to do something like that, i was thinking id have to cut out some of the bumper maybe but you work at the shop not me. thanks for the help

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
spitfire2332 said:
i kinda figured id have to do something like that, i was thinking id have to cut out some of the bumper maybe but you work at the shop not me. thanks for the help
depends on the grille gaurd you go with. you shouldnt really have to cut the bumper on any of them, even with the HD conversion. lemme know what kind of guard you get and ill see if i can walk you through it when the time comes.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts