GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have talked my dad into letting me shave.....im all exstatic...
heres the shaving list----
1. door handles
2. tailgate (relocate to inside)
3. 4 holes on bed rails....dont know what they are called
4. roll pan (molded)

is there anything else that i should have shaved...and also how much do you think it will cost for something like this.....

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Is your truck a daily driver? Not sure how shaving the door handles will be, do you have plans to lower, wheels tires? Your truck looks pretty stock now, shaved door handles might not look right on it ... never though of just color matching or Escalade?

As for the rear, do it, will look awesome :head:

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah my truck is daily drive....and the first thing im going to do is the tailgate and the 4 holes on the bed rails.....and rollpan..the handles i would like to do but i agree with you that im not sure what it would look like with them shaved...i mean i have seen many trucks in mags and shows with it done and i liked it but im not sure yet...the rest i like and want to do...

·
Needs a truck
454 Posts
Yeh i woudnt shave the door handles. Just get the Escalade ones painted to match, everything esle(rollpan, tailgate handle, and bed stakes) gettin shaved will make it look 100x better.

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
You could shave the 3rd brake light if you don't like that either.

Cameron

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
g_unit77 said:
Yeh i woudnt shave the door handles. Just get the Escalade ones painted to match, everything esle(rollpan, tailgate handle, and bed stakes) gettin shaved will make it look 100x better.
:word:

·
Registered
299 Posts
As for cost go, i didnt exactly do everything you will be but you'll be able to get a good idea of cost for what you doin.

I paid 55 and hour for labour and the finial cost for gettin my tailgate shaved (i actually went out a purchased an aftermarket one for like 60 bux cause my old one was shit, it was just the sheet metal frame and skin and cost a lil cheaper for me to have shaved) rollpann molded, tailights shaved, stakepockest shaved,four frenched in 89 caddy buckets, and a patch pannel on my left rear quarter pannel ran me 1,800 w/o parts. just i guess an idea of how not high it will be if that helps. This is also without pain, i just shot some flat blue over it the previous day to give it some sort of a uniformed look.

·
Registered
724 Posts
If your gonna shave everything all up, you might as well put cadallac tail lights in the rear. They look sick and there original :drool:

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
TrEyDoG said:
:rocking: im getting my stuff shaved this summer which includes:
1-roll pan
2-stake pockets
3-tailgate handle
4-antenna
its been along time coming for these mods, so this summer its going to get done....Trey

i'm gettin the same stuff shaved... by the same guy at the same place :crazy: :head:

·
Registered
785 Posts
I''ve got my tailagte shaved and my rollpan on, I want to get my pan molded in adn tialgate painted at the same time soon, also I might do the stake pockets on my bed and my third brakelight

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah i have decided to add the third brakelight to my list....and take off the door handles....also i was wondering with roll pans which is better the steel pans or fiberglass

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok....thank you jeff....another thing is it legal to shave the third brake light...???????

·
Registered
930 Posts
Joshs2002Silverado said:
ok....thank you jeff....another thing is it legal to shave the third brake light...???????
dont think so, i see many cars without the third light, i think you just need two.

·
OG
6,939 Posts
I would personally lower or bag my truck first. I mean how often to you see a truck that is not lowered or bagged with all the work done if your not going to lower it dont do the door handles i dont think it would look right have someone photoshop it for you before you do anything and it should give you a good idea of what it will look like. This is just my opinion, i wish i could do all that to my truck

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
Please, please, make sure that a competent body shop does it or you might end up having it done all over again.......

1 - 20 of 38 Posts