GMC Truck Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
I really wana hop onto shavin the antena next. But im unsure about my doorhandles, i mean what if my battery dies, how else can i get in there to jump start the thing when my doors are run of a remote? Im on a 2/4 drop right now with my bed all shaved up and im semi happy with the look, i do agree that bags would make the biggest diff, and make that back end stand out alot more, so im shootin for those by the end of summer. but as for now im gatherin up what cheap parts i can off ebay to bring the truck to a 4/6 to hold my cravings over for the time being.

·
Registered
299 Posts
how would anyone know if you vehichle came stock with one or not. i have a 93 ext cab and it doesnt have a third brake lights. and most obs trucks i see do have one. So even if it technically (sp) is illegal, nothing will ever happen for it. i doubt the officer would be like hey, did u used to have a thrid brake light thur!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I'd think 99.9% of cops out there wouldn't ever pay any attention if the 3rd brake light was shaved or not. I'd shave the handles for sure. I have a Spal 35lbs door popper kit I bought off ebay about 2 years ago and they haven't given me any trouble and I used to drive my truck all the time.

·
Needs a truck
454 Posts
Yeh i doubt that the cops would care about it bein gone, thats if they even noticed it was gone, but u got the tails to let people now when ur stopping, so take the 3rd brake light off.

·
Registered
559 Posts
my buddy (a cop) told me that they dont care if u shave it or just have a burnt bulb, if you dont have 3 brake lights then some dickhead cop could ticket you, HE wouldnt though,hes got a 65 impala that going for bags soon

·
Registered
559 Posts
and also before you said that you wanted to shave ur antennae, how, are u just talking about puttin in a smooth cowl, in out trucks the antennae is in the cowl

·
Registered
489 Posts
now why are you guys saying NOT to shave thew door handles if it is a DD?

·
Late Night Insomniac
312 Posts
02chevy said:
and also before you said that you wanted to shave ur antennae, how, are u just talking about puttin in a smooth cowl, in out trucks the antennae is in the cowl
one OBS trucks like mine, the antenna is actually on the fender and not the hood. You would just relocate it somewhere else like under the fender :read:

Trey

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
TrEyDoG said:
dont be using my bodyman buddy :pissed: LOL just messin. When are you planning on coming down?
well i gotta get a time that my dad has free time so we can go down to texas and pick up the hood and roll pan and stuff.. then your bro said anytime after may 7th that we both have free time

·
Registered
342 Posts
def not illegal to shave the third brake light. The only thing the third brake light is for is insurance. there's a small break cuz of the safety factor with the extra brake light. Get rid of em. Careful not to head shit up to much cuz you'll get rainbows in your back window. Hard not to do. Just tint it if your worried

·
Registered
559 Posts
TrEyDoG said:
one OBS trucks like mine, the antenna is actually on the fender and not the hood. You would just relocate it somewhere else like under the fender :read:

Trey
yeah but isnt the guy that is talking about shaving his antennae got a nbs :read:

·
Registered
6 Posts
dreamrr said:
If your gonna shave everything all up, you might as well put cadallac tail lights in the rear. They look sick and there original :drool:
Original? Not anymore...everyone who shaves their truck has them these days...dont take me wrong they look good but look for something thats actually original. good luck!

·
trucknut
412 Posts
The thing about shaved handles on a daily driver is just the fact of reliability. I have shaved my doorhandles on my truck, and I use the poppers many times a day, though if I can help it I try to leave the windows down (if I'm where I can see the truck.) Make sure you have a manual entry, such as the 911 manual cable from www.customclassic.com so that you can get into your truck if your solenoid or power craps out on you. Shoot, just get your whole shave kit from him. I did:D

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I woldn't do the door handles. It only looks good if everything else is shaved, and it sounds like your keeping the gas filler. It also looks out of place on a truck that isn't lowerd a good deal.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts