GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there. I'm joining you're club from sunny Southern California. I would like to share what I have learned from working on my trucks and I would also like to learn from you guys out there. Currently I 'am having trouble with my engine on my 77' Custom Deluxe K-20. It has a 292 I-6, and from my research, its sou pose to be easy to find parts, but it has not. If any one has a inline 292 out there, any info would be gladly appreciated.

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
welcome. Nice to have you here.

I must admit that I've never seen the word "supposed" spelled- "sou pose"

You Californians must have a different grammar setup than the rest of us .LOL

·
Pat McCrotch
699 Posts
292 parts are easy to come by just not as much as 350s and such. 292 is a good stump pullin motor. What are you looking for?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the welcome. my spelling is not at par after a few drinks. Um yes, my truck was/is a good stump puller, I had some one go in and add a power stearing pump and new clutch and ever since then ca-put. first the electrical caught fire, and the starting motor died, generator had to be swapped for an alternator and for some reason it had its valves cover removed which aloud water to get in. I' am now in a rescue mission to bring her back. I have gotten a new starter motor, solenoid, alternator, power stearing pump, coil, distributor, new clutch, gears, new paint (inside), battery. I just can't seem to get a spark and the valve adjustment is mind bogeling because I cant seem to get tdc to allaing with the fireing order. any info would help me.:bowtie:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts