GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bone stock 05 silverado ecsb. It is currently running 285/70/17 toyo open country a/t's, nearly a 33. In the near future i would like to upgrade the wheels and tires to an 18 on a 33x12.50 nitto terra grappler. How can I get about 3 inches of lift to not have such a stuffed look without a body lift?

here is my truck
Z71002.jpg

Z71001.jpg

And here is what i want it to look like. This truck used to belong to tony whatley of ls1tech. It is a 2wd with a 7" lift on 18in boyd coddington timeless 6 with 33x13 nittos
5672216.jpg

18x9.gif

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
ford keys up front and 3 inch blocks in the back

or spend the extra money and for 200 get some 1 ton torsion bars and i believe you have a 2 inch block stock

so get rid of 2 inch block and add a 3 or 4 inch in its place

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
depending on the offset of the wheel you get you could fit a 33x12.50/18 with just ford keys, ford keys just let you crank more on your bars so you can get it perfectly level...i have a friend that runs a 325/60/18 on just his bars cranked

·
Fortune Favors The Brave
6,321 Posts
RC bars, cranked with f150 keys and a 3" block out back will get you where you wanna be without a body lift. Its gonnae ride like a brick, get some shocks to

·
Registered
8,260 Posts
highly suggest getting the HD bars and possibly ford keys if you even need them.
Get as close to stock backspacing as possible and you can run a 325/60
If you want them to stick out a little past the fenders like the truck you posted, probably stick with a 285/60

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wont alter the suspension a hair until I have some nice shocks to compliment it. What are RC bars? I also plan on color matching the flares and going with the gmc bullet trim to compliment a billet grill and chrome bowtie

·
I'm on a mission
794 Posts
see specs in my sig, there's pic of mine w/ 33x12.50x17 procomps.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That does look good. I would want it an inch or two higher though. Maybe with the aal, 4" blocks, and keys and 1 ton bars???

·
Fortune Favors The Brave
6,321 Posts
I wont alter the suspension a hair until I have some nice shocks to compliment it. What are RC bars? I also plan on color matching the flares and going with the gmc bullet trim to compliment a billet grill and chrome bowtie
Rough Country torsion bars, see their website

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
its the keys that make it ride like a brick correct, not the RC bars?

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
8,260 Posts
both bars and keys will make it ride stiffer. It all depends if you decide to crank up the keys or not. Shocks do help a bit but doesnt return the ride quality back to stock by any means

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
both bars and keys will make it ride stiffer. It all depends if you decide to crank up the keys or not. Shocks do help a bit but doesnt return the ride quality back to stock by any means
ok so final thing...im def gettin the RC bars cuz i cant crank cuz my stock bars are shot....if i throw the ford keys in there too they would be the same height as my stock ones right? only difference is that i can crank the ford keys more..

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have decided. Wheels are going to be 18x9 with a 4.5 inch back spacing with a 33x12.50 terra grappler. 4" block out back and ford keys up front cranked enough to level out the truck.

Sound like a wiener?

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well i decided to stop being a 9 year old school girl...

6" pro comp full drop on some 20x10 ultras....i was looking at a 35 in baja atz radial but upon further inspection i found the 36 in MTZ but it is a 15.50 the question is will it rub???

·
Registered
8,260 Posts

6" pro comp full drop on some 20x10 ultras....i was looking at a 35 in baja atz radial but upon further inspection i found the 36 in MTZ but it is a 15.50 the question is will it rub???
probably so....just have to trim up

·
I'm on a mission
794 Posts

good idea, i thought i would be happy w/ 33's. i was for about a month or two. had to step up and now i have a set of 33's with a thousand miles on them sitting around.

i'de think those 36x15.50 will rub like crazy.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I found some different tires. Pro comp extreme mts and nittos mud grapplers come in a 35x12.50x20 so that solves that problem but how do those two wear. I want atleast a 40k mile mud terrain, is that possible?

·
I'm on a mission
794 Posts
Well I found some different tires. Pro comp extreme mts and nittos mud grapplers come in a 35x12.50x20 so that solves that problem but how do those two wear. I want atleast a 40k mile mud terrain, is that possible?
toyo m't are supposed to last about that long if you keep them rotated and balanced. i'll let you know in 39,500 if mine lasted that long

1 - 20 of 37 Posts