GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have a garage or outbuilding so I am forced to use other means for my tools.. how do u guys do it. bag or box what about sockets? please give ideas and pics.

Do you guys prefer a carry toolbox or a tool bag?
what do you have in it?
also how do you keep your sockets organized?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry for the typos.. was using my cell PDA.. what a piece of $h!t.. i have edited the info.. lol

i am talking about the stuff you need to take on the go. do you have a metal box that you carry or a new sytle tool bag.. how do you keep it organized and what is in it.. pics???

PLEASE POST SOME PICS

·
1,847 Posts
I prefer a box. Everything stays more organized and neater. I had a bag but it just becomes a cluster fuck of shit if u have to many tools in it

·
Registered
7,870 Posts
i have a craftsman 20" wide toolbox that i take places. i have probably 50 pounds of tools in it at least.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
I had the like 260 or 280 piece craftsman set, It comes in those craptastic plastic brief cases that hold everything neatly, The only problem is I spilled the shit every time I was working on something. Another issue with using that was I added a 6 piece plier set, and a screwdriver set. Trying to get to anything involved making a mess. At school I need portability but I wanted something decent to work out of. I HATE tool bags for anything besides when I am doing electrical or plumbing work, those 2 jobs require only a few standard tools so you don't need to have to worry about the bag becoming a mess. For mechanics tools get a box.

Craftsman had a 3 drawer plastic box for $50 on sale about a week ago and i snagged it up

S7300856.jpg

S7300857.jpg

S7300858.jpg

S7300859.jpg

S7300860.jpg

It holds a lot, even my little 12 volt drill (i use it mostly for removing bolts with the adapter) It seems sturdy so far considering I have it loaded down, and as you can see I have a little room to expand (bottom drawer) I need some extensions, and cresent wrenches and such still so It will be filled up soon enough.

I want a bigger box but that will wait til I have a place of my own, for now this will work just fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts