GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007.5 silverado 2500 with a 3" rough country lift. After having a CV boot go, I was told to put in a 3" differential drop kit. However, when the shop did this, both front axels now bottom-out completely. The axels are now removed as I try to figure what I'm supposed to do. The drop and lift kits are by different companies but are marketed as universal.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Thanks so much for any constructive advice.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You sure it wasn’t a 1in diff drop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I should have said it's marketed as a 3" differential drop kit. The product details say "works with 2-3" torsion bar leveling keys" So I guess I'm not sure what the actual drop is -- just that its supposed to work with the 3" rough country lift that I installed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I should have said it's marketed as a 3" differential drop kit. The product details say "works with 2-3" torsion bar leveling keys" So I guess I'm not sure what the actual drop is -- just that its supposed to work with the 3" rough country lift that I installed.
These are the two products I installed:
3.5" rough country lift kit

and the differential drop that says it works with 2-3" torsion lifts. Could the extra .5" on the lift possibly be a problem? I would think that would make it less likely for the CV to bottom out

·
Super Moderator
5,560 Posts
You’re trying to make two shitty lifts work together. With the money you spent already. You could have had a real lift, flat angles, and factory ride.

I would take it up with the diff drop manufacture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You’re trying to make two shitty lifts work together. With the money you spent already. You could have had a real lift, flat angles, and factory ride.

I would take it up with the diff drop manufacture.
So there's no path to making what I have work? I have a mechanic who's pretty good with welding and such, but we're just not sure which piece is out of whack. Is the drop too large, are the upper control arms too short, etc?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the input --- I'll post when I've made some progress. I agree that the price of these kits is ridiculous, but I don't know how to source this stuff for less.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Wait, the two kits you posted - the RC 3.5 is for a 1500, and the diff drop is for a 2500.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts