GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Got Bagz
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 94 gmc sierra bagged on 20's. im looking to body drop it on 22's. cut the cab floor isnt the way i want to go because i have already done the interior. Has anyone done this that can help me along the way. we plan on taking what i need oui of the frame to lay rocker then boxing the frame back in. i know i need to raise the gas tank. what about Z"ing the frame or tubular a arms are they a necessity. or maybe anything i havent thought of or surprises one might encounter along the way. any help would be grately appreciated. thanks

·
Professional Mini Trucker
453 Posts
Tubular arms are needed to lay, or section the stockers, the tie rods will also be an issue. Doing a stock floor body drop is what you are looking at doing. Your 94 has a "C" channel frame most of the way. You can take a piece of 2x4 1/4 wall tube and weld on the inner part of that "C". Cut off the top part of the old frame and plate in. You will need to do a bit of work on tubbing the firewall to fit 20's and up. Relocation of the A/C blower motor and the wire harness. The stock brake booster needs to be moved or smaller one installed or hydroboost. You shuld get a fuel cell since the tank will have a hard time fitting in the smaller space. You still need to make a tranny and driveshaft tunnel. Electric radiator fans cuz the stock fan will hit the shroud

Search the threads here and find a bulid up for your body style, and dont worry, we can help along the way

·
Professional Mini Trucker
453 Posts
Yeah, the arms hit the frame just before maxing out. I think it's easier to buy the arms out there instead of moding ur stocks. I'm just old enough to remember having to do it this way cuz no one made arms yet

·
#NBHNC
2,828 Posts
you can run the stock booster on that truck with 22s even with 9.5 wide wheels.
seths clears his booster just fine
Yeah I was gunna say we tested my buddys truck that we're building the same way right now and when laying out it barely clears it.

We sectioned the stock arms but I'd rather get some tubulars.
what brand do ya'll recommend?
I was looking at the Choppin' Blocks but I haven't heard much about them.. bad or good.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Yeah I was gunna say we tested my buddys truck that we're building the same way right now and when laying out it barely clears it.

We sectioned the stock arms but I'd rather get some tubulars.
what brand do ya'll recommend?
I was looking at the Choppin' Blocks but I haven't heard much about them.. bad or good.
the geometry on a obs is pretty good for big wheels. so nothing to really fuck up. CB arms get the job done just fine.
or dhp arms.
http://www.dallashotrodparts.com/88-98gmfullsize.html

·
#NBHNC
2,828 Posts

·
#NBHNC
2,828 Posts
i would get the art lowers then flip the bj inthe upper arm.
thats basically what a set of arts are.
or you can take a 1/2 out of your lowers and not buy arms at all. and have a duplicated set of art arm geometry. then you can still run the better geometry 16+ spindle.
thats what i would do. little money good outcome
well to keep from spammin up this guys thread you mind PMing me and going more indepth on shortening the lowers?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts