GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Chaoss
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help and advice from anyone that knows about quality stuff such as T.v.'s, Amps, Subs, Radio's.

What i want:
2 12"s subs in a box that will fit in back of my Third Row of seats ( i need the third row to stay and i know this will limit the size of the box)
4 T.v.'s for the headrest.
1 Amp for the subwoofers
Maybe 1 amp for the stock (bose speakers) ( i dont know if i should change these also)
1 Mp3 radio deck. ( i wanted the pioneer touch screen but over 1g is tooo much for me right now)

any suggestions guys?
I'm really not trying to spend that much. I'm really looking to spend less than 2g's on the WHOLE setup which might not be possible. I want some good quality t.v.s

I was checking some out on ebay but i REALLY doubt their any good. THey have some 7" for about $95 shipped a piece which means they suck.

Any help is greatly appreciated ( I don't know much about electronics)
Thanks in advance guys!!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Well, I wouldn't recommend buying cheap stuff, even if it means you have to spend more money then you want. I also think that for what you want you might have to spend more then 2K. I would recommend doing a little at a time. In my truck I have a pioneer 7" in-dash, 2 JL audio 10w0s in custom built boxes w/ JL 500/1 amp, and pioneer replacments for the stock speakers. I started w/ a cheap kenwood headunit, then added the subs/amp, then the tv, and then the speakers. I would like to add more tvs and other stuff, but I would just do it in steps, so you can save up more to get the good stuff.

Where in jersey are you? I'm in central jersey just below trenton.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Do it in pieces. Get a cd/mp3/dvd player for the headunit. You will have to replace the speakers and cut out the factory amp for it to sound worth any thing. Also get your sound stuff first before you do video as the sound is what the driver wil have more time with as compared to video.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I strongly recommend an alpine head unit with tv. as for subs and amp, try Ultimate, Awsome stuff! and cheap too!! im running two ultimate 10" MAX DB's with an ultimate 700watt mono block amp. and i have no complaints, except my boxes are two small for the subs, But i didnt really have a choice cuz i sqeezed them under the back seat of my 95 serriaGT.

·
Chaoss
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the tips guys!
Im in the passaic/paterson area in jersey.

I was thinking about the same thing with putting the audio first and then the video.
Can someone suggest a good mp3 deck? I think i'll be putting a screen in the dash after some months.

·
Registered
334 Posts
i HAVE A 00' SILVERADO AND i HAVE FOUND THAT FOR THE SPACE THE TRUCK HAS THE KICKER SQUARE SUBWOOFERS ARE THE BEST. I will put 2 8" up to any 12" sub any day well almost any but as far as bang for the buck they slamn hard.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
you will need to rip out those bose speakers and keep the stock amp out of the system. The Bose speakers usually wont work with an aftermarket amp. Run new wires, run a 4 channel amp, get a 2 channel or mono for the subs .Get a h/u with an aux input like a Pioneer,a Sony(ugg), or others. Id suggest a Pioneer 6600 or 7600 for the 6 channel outputs ,quality and features

1 - 8 of 8 Posts