GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, guys. How is everyone tonight? I'm new here and am posting in this section because I'm lifting my truck this month. I drive a SierraHD. I have decided on going with the 10-12" Cognito Motorsports lift. I'm wanting to run either the Super Swamper TSL in 39.5X15X17 or the Super Swamper Irok 39.5X13.50X16. With the Cognito set at 12" and my truck being a HD version, will I be able to fit such a large tire? I'm still undecided on wheels; I really like black wheels and I would prefer to go with a black wheel, instead of a chrome/polished wheel. I'm looking at the Moto Metal 951 in black, Blitz Driv in black, and the KMC Diesel in chrome. I'd rather stay away from the Moto Metal 951s because I see them everywhere. I think it'll come down between the Blitz Driv and KMC Diesel. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

I know everyone probably knows what the Moto Metal 951s look like, but for reference, here are the other two wheels I am considering:

Blitz Driv

KMC Diesel

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
hey welcome to GMFS! i would say run the wider tire but other guys on here can give you advice on the specific tire and how they ride and balance etc. I would also run the diesels in chrome and in a 17 or even an 18. the larger the wheel the easier it is to get the width you need with the 39's. Also what are you going to be geared?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey welcome to GMFS! i would say run the wider tire but other guys on here can give you advice on the specific tire and how they ride and balance etc. I would also run the diesels in chrome and in a 17 or even an 18. the larger the wheel the easier it is to get the width you need with the 39's. Also what are you going to be geared?
Thanks a lot, man! I know what you mean. It does seem that 13.50 inches is a little too narrow for a 40 inch tall tire. I can find the KMC Diesel in 17X9 and 18X9 and I can find the Driv Blitz in 18X9, 16X10, 17X10, and 18X10. I'm really liking the Diesels a lot, even though they're not a black wheel. Also, does anyone know how much noise is expected out of the Super Swamper TSL and Irok? I'm sure since they're part of the Super Swamper line, I'm assuming they're pretty noisy. As for gearing, I think I will be going with 4.88. I do mostly interstate driving (back and fourth to school, home, and whatever else). I usually go offroad about three or four times per month. Am I right with the 4.88s or should I go up to 5.13s?

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Thanks a lot, man! I know what you mean. It does seem that 13.50 inches is a little too narrow for a 40 inch tall tire. I can find the KMC Diesel in 17X9 and 18X9 and I can find the Driv Blitz in 18X9, 16X10, 17X10, and 18X10. I'm really liking the Diesels a lot, even though they're not a black wheel. Also, does anyone know how much noise is expected out of the Super Swamper TSL and Irok? I'm sure since they're part of the Super Swamper line, I'm assuming they're pretty noisy. As for gearing, I think I will be going with 4.88. I do mostly interstate driving (back and fourth to school, home, and whatever else). I usually go offroad about three or four times per month. Am I right with the 4.88s or should I go up to 5.13s?
yeah the diesels look really good. im pretty sure you will have to crank the kit all the way up to 12 inches to fit the 39's without trimming. I would run 18x10's but it all depends on the look you are going for. Yeah, those tires are going to pull hard in the mud but they make some serious noise. I dont have any experience with the Iroks but the TSL's make a higer pitched humm. its very livable though. If you are doing a lot of highway miles i would suggest 5.13's.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can always get them powdercoated black. :hmm:
That's a great idea. I didn't think of that until you mentioned it. I saw some black Diesels on a wheel website, but I can't remember what page I saw them on. They look awesome, but if I can't find the black Diesels, chrome will do. Thanks!

yeah the diesels look really good. im pretty sure you will have to crank the kit all the way up to 12 inches to fit the 39's without trimming. I would run 18x10's but it all depends on the look you are going for. Yeah, those tires are going to pull hard in the mud but they make some serious noise. I dont have any experience with the Iroks but the TSL's make a higer pitched humm. its very livable though. If you are doing a lot of highway miles i would suggest 5.13's.
I'll definitely be running the kit at 12 inches. If it helps to aid in how the wheel/tire width would look on my truck, my truck is a 2500HD CCSB. I figured the tires I've narrowed down to will be loud, but I'll just deal with the noise I suppose. I do drive on interstates/highways daily, so I'll take your suggestion and go with 5.13 gears. Thanks so much for you help, dude.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
I'll definitely be running the kit at 12 inches. If it helps to aid in how the wheel/tire width would look on my truck, my truck is a 2500HD CCSB. I figured the tires I've narrowed down to will be loud, but I'll just deal with the noise I suppose. I do drive on interstates/highways daily, so I'll take your suggestion and go with 5.13 gears. Thanks so much for you help, dude.
Hey no problem man, yeah i didnt know you had a 2500. 12 inches should be enough to clear them. good luck man and post up if you have any more questions.

·
Rollin' in the BIG HOG
1,316 Posts
I would recommend running a 38/15.50 Radial tire compared to either of the tires that you mentioned above. Much better road and handling characteristics. I like the wider 15.50s much more too than the 13.50s. I think you will have better clearance with the 38s and not have to worry about rubbing. Is your 2500HD a Duramax, 6.0L, or 8.1L? Depending on your answer will help determine which gear ratio you should go with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts