GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now i finished shavin off the taillights of my 93' c1500 and im frenchin in 4, 59' caddy lights (incase your unsure of what those look like.. http://www.go-kat-go.com/taillights.html ), but i have 2 ideas of what to do with them and im very unsure of what one to go with. The first idea would be to just french them down into the roll pan, 2 on each side of the lisence plate box. The second idea is french in the buckets were the old tailights were puttin two and two on each side, then welding the liscense plate box on the left side of the rollpan. Any opinions on what to go with, or any better ideas. thanx

P.S. Also if i was goin to to french them in were the old tailights were i was considerein frenching in a pair of 67' corvette reverse lights down on the rollpan, but thats just an idea.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I don't know how good it works, but I'd french in a clear LED above the pan. That's what I've been thinking about on mine.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i really enjoy the look of those 59' caddy's, i have seen the led's and the newer style caddy devilles (sp?) done often so i wanted something that would slighty set my truck apart.

or do u mean use clear led's used for reverse lights.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I don't know what these look like on a vehicle or lit but I wouldn't do them on the roll pan to have them confused for those corvette style rollpans I don't like.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
french em into the buckets... i think i saw it done once on a dakota. It looked pretty good. Put a big ass Clear LED between the tailgate and the pan, so it looks clear during the day. I think that would look pretty sic.

·
Registered
716 Posts
BouncinsoulAFI said:
i have seen the newer style caddy devilles (sp?) done often .
Do you or anyone else have pictures of these on a NBS? I've been thinking bout doing this for a couple years now but didn't know how'd they look.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
http://www.teamsynergysd.com/Shirley/clif.html here is a set on a 98 S-10, it was atleast give u the idea. I was at first goin with this style of tailight, but then when i found out the rape me price stylin concepts had on them, i started o shop around for new ideas ands thats were i saw and fell in love with those 56's. Anyone have a pic of the clear LED runnin between the bed and rollpan. I'm still a little foggy on what that looks like.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
yeah the clear for the reverse light. I don't have a pic, but I they did a tech article in I think Truckin' a few months ago on a LED 3rd brake light and they also did the reverse light in the pan and had a pic of it

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im not even sure if there are aftermarket manufactures yet for the newest style they have out. There deff an awesome taillight, but would be hell of a mod

1 - 11 of 11 Posts