GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just hooked up 2 L7's and with a alpine mrd 605 its a 1 channel amp....it sounds so sick! but, its cuts off and subs turn off...the amp puts out a CUR message??? ???? maybe this means current...:endofshow

would it be my power cable that needs to be a bigger size? or i need a bigger amp?? its picks up real good though..

thanks guys.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I don't know if this has anything to do with it cutting off, but you definitely need a bigger amp. Those L7s should have at least 750 watts rms.

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
what gauge is your power cable? sounds like thats the problem.

and you DEF need a bigger amp. what are you running 12s?

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
sounds like you may need a bigger amp and power and ground wire. i have an L7 12 and the sx 1250.1 with o awg power and ground. it pushes the sub to its full potential. all in a reg cab nbs
how the hell did you get an L7 in a reg cab? I gotta see this, as I think I'm getting a RC soon and want to throw in a CVX

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
how the hell did you get an L7 in a reg cab? I gotta see this, as I think I'm getting a RC soon and want to throw in a CVX
this is what my box looks like. its 14" wide, 14" tall and 32" long if i remember right. if you want i can get some pics and measurments for you tomm. i think it came out to 1.4 cu ft with the sub in box
newbox-1.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts