GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha from Hawaii, I just ordered some 22x12 with a -44 off set for my 15 denali and was just told that a 6" fabtech lift kit with magneride wont clear the wheels. I want to run a 325/50. Anyone know how to get a kit for the magneride denalis that will have 8" of lift? Thanks for the help!

· Registered
818 Posts
Cst makes one

· Registered
2,439 Posts
What island?

Are the 2015's considered NNBS still? Do we still use that lingo here lol. Because IIRC, isn't the 6" Fabtech for a NNBS more like a 8" lift. I would do the 6 + 3 route myself if the previous sentence is indeed true.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies, almost ordered the Mcgaughys 7 to 9" until I found out all this magneride issues. I know the Fabtech says it will clear 35s but not on 22x12s. What is the "6 plus 3?" is that for a 3" body lift? Or what about using the Fabtech magneride relocating brackets on the Mcgaughys kit?

· Registered
818 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Right on guys for the help! That CST kit says its for 07-13 models. I will have to call them and see what they say. The price on the CST is crazy expensive. I know you get what you pay for. Just looking for some clearance and a factory ride. I have had the Fabtech 6" kit on multiple trucks over the years and always enjoyed the ride. Guess Im gonna have to call them on Monday to see what they say. Any one else with input is great! Thanks!

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah...no kidding huh? Just didn't budget 3k for a CST and all my basic kits from Fabtech have ridden very nicely. Just want to maintain factory ride quality and not spend unnecessary money or build a trophy truck if you get my drift. Anyone running 22x12s on a 14 or newer with a 6" kit?

· Registered
2,439 Posts
Thanks for the replies, almost ordered the Mcgaughys 7 to 9" until I found out all this magneride issues. I know the Fabtech says it will clear 35s but not on 22x12s. What is the "6 plus 3?" is that for a 3" body lift? Or what about using the Fabtech magneride relocating brackets on the Mcgaughys kit?
Yup. I would just go the 6 + 3 route. Unless you go derby every weekend and clean up lol. You'll clear your wheel and tire setup, and most likely won't have to do any kind of inner fender mod. The coin you saved put towards some AMP's. I like the wider track width, more aggressive IMO. Get some 1.5" wheel adapters from motorsport-tech.com to even eveything out. Measure to make sure though. They can make anything to spec. Going look cherry.

· Registered
818 Posts
The magneride needs front shocks so the bilstein option is out but you can use the FTS 7" shock extension and the get a 2" top or lower strut spacer to get 9".

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just got off the phone with Fabtech and their kit should clear the 22x12s with a 325/50 although they have not tested with that rim width yet. They said it will be minor trimming in all the usual places. In the last 2008 fabtech kit I had it cleared my 20s on 35s no problem on their 6" kit. According to them the 14s and up wheel wells fit larger tires easier than the 08-13s. The upper "A" arm stays level as the lift is achieved from the bottom thus not triggering the sensor and the ecu. The rear shock sensor has a bracket that relocates it. Dangerdick on this forum has a nice diagram that explains it. The issue now is just the rim width. I will update once everything is done unless someone else out there has this combo and would like to post about it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.