GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
NorCalOffRoad
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a 550esp installed into my 94 pickup a few years back. I have just got a 530t module to control the windows. I have it all hooked up but the alarm doesnt triger the windows. I can move the windows up or down via the door switch. I have the 3 wires coming from the 530t (red/white, orange, and grey) that go to the alarm. The orange wire goes to the (-) 500mA Armed Output, after the resistor but before all the other relays. The red/white wire goes to the red/white (-) 200 mA channel 2 validity Output. The grey wire goes to the Blue (-) Multiplexed input zone 4. Does this sound like i have it wired correctly? I dont want to take it to a shop cuz I dont trust most of the shops around here. When I had curcit city install the alarm they fried one brain, and left a mess of all the wires. The other shop around here would cost WAY too much. Any pointers would be good, other wise my roommate that used to install alarms will look at it this weekend.

·
Registered
220 Posts
when you mean the alarm doesn't trigger the windows, do you mean when you arm it they don't roll up, or when it goes off they don't roll up. do you have a motion sensor on there too?

·
eBay-aholic
510 Posts
530T orange: Connect to the orange of the alarm via a diode, not a resistor. See page 9 of the install manual:
http://www.directed.com/guides/manuals/ig/viper/N553V.pdf
To check to see if it's wired correctly, touch the orange of the 530T to ground ... the windows should roll up.

530T red/white: Connect to either the red/white (aux chan 2) or violet/black (aux chan 4). The only difference is that there is a 2 second delay when using the red/white, versus the violet/black is immediate.

530T grey: Rarely used. Only used to disconnect a sensor during window roll-up/down. This wire can be used in conjunction w/ a relay to bypass a sensor (such as a proximity sensor) when the 530T is in use.

·
NorCalOffRoad
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
x6369x said:
530T red/white: Connect to either the red/white (aux chan 2) or violet/black (aux chan 4). The only difference is that there is a 2 second delay when using the red/white, versus the violet/black is immediate.
I think the violet/black is on a 3 pin connector that is not pluged into my brain (for the alarm). You say well just plug it in, I would if I could find it. :insane:

ok ill have to look into it. Maybe ill do it at lunch so that people think im trying to hot wire my truck and call the cops.

·
eBay-aholic
510 Posts
jays68yak said:
I think the violet/black is on a 3 pin connector that is not pluged into my brain (for the alarm). You say well just plug it in, I would if I could find it. :insane:
I might have one lying around somewhere I can put in the mail for u.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts