GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
is awesome
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i installed my old amp into my brothers jeep last night and it keeps blowing the inline fuse from battery
what could cause this?
i need help please

edit: i am using 25 amp fuse which is the same as the one on the back of the amp

·
is awesome
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well the power wire is just run from the battery to the amp and i dont think its grounding out anywhere ill have to check that

·
is awesome
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its a 300 watt 2 channel pioneer amp with 2 8" MTX road thunder

we installed it last night and it worked fine for the 20 mins we played it
then this morning it blew after one song was played
then this afternoon it blew 3 times when turning on the headunit (as in the remote wire came on)

to me it seems like a short but after a quick look we didnt see any grounded wires
im going to go out after dinner and look more so anymore suggestions would be helpfull

thanks guys

·
is awesome
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok well tonight i tried it without hooking up with out the sups and that didnt work ... still blew the fuse
also i could not find any cuts/nicks in any of the wires were it could be shorting out

this sucks and im not going to be around this weekend so i guess ill tackle it monday after work

and more suggestions would be appreciated

BuiltNotBought99 said:
Do you have it wired where the ohms might be to low for the amp to handle?
i dont know what you mean :wtf2:

·
is awesome
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im not sure on the impedence of the subs
but i had this amp and these subs in my truck setup the exact same way thats why i am so confused about it

one sub is hooked to one channel of the amp and the other is hooked to the other channel

1 - 9 of 9 Posts