·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's what I've got:

500/1 JL Audio Amp
Two 12" JL Audio W3 (First Generation) Subs

Do you think I could build a box to go behind the seat that could fit the 2-12s

What mids/highs should I run? Bear in mind that it's a single cab and I'll have to either get some kick panel speakers or cut the doors.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Well, you know I always vote for kick panels. Not only do they give you mounting, they keep your doors stock and aim the speakers to a better listening position.

2 12's behind the seat in a single cab '72?! Doubtful, but if you wanted that route, look to the Memphis SC12's (flat).

Mids/highs are totally personal preference. For example, I had tons of options for my mid-bass drivers. Prices as high as $1100/pair, from hand-made to machine-made, from world-renown to companies never heard of by most. I went with a $90/pair just from personal listening preference.

Best thing to do would be to go visit a bunch of different local shops and listen to as many brands and models as possible. Take a CD with you that you know very well, so that you can have a solid reference point. If I were to make a recommendation for price/value; listen to some Pioneer D-series components. (TS-D1720C)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, you know I always vote for kick panels. Not only do they give you mounting, they keep your doors stock and aim the speakers to a better listening position.

2 12's behind the seat in a single cab '72?! Doubtful, but if you wanted that route, look to the Memphis SC12's (flat).

Mids/highs are totally personal preference. For example, I had tons of options for my mid-bass drivers. Prices as high as $1100/pair, from hand-made to machine-made, from world-renown to companies never heard of by most. I went with a $90/pair just from personal listening preference.

Best thing to do would be to go visit a bunch of different local shops and listen to as many brands and models as possible. Take a CD with you that you know very well, so that you can have a solid reference point. If I were to make a recommendation for price/value; listen to some Pioneer D-series components. (TS-D1720C)

You're the second person that has recommended the Pioneer D-series. I'm going to have to check them out. I have also been re-thinking my subwoofer situation. I'm thinking 10s or maybe even some shallow mounts are probably the way to go. I'm trying to stay away from cutting up the dash and doors in my truck also.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am using 3 MTX 10's behind the seat. I can't post pictures because when I upload it say's Exceeds your quota 26.3 KB. Even when I shrink pic????

·
Under the Radar
964 Posts
It's been a few years since I owned my 69 but if I recall correctly, you almost have as much if not more room under the seats as you do behind?

·
why jonny ringo...
629 Posts

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Right product, wrong place.

Keep in mind that Memphis has ZERO online dealers. Be weary.

I don't know how close a 69 to a 72 is but i think almost identical? anyways here's one we did with a diamond slim 12" They don't make it anymore, but you can find them online in clearance, or just look at the specs and then get a woofer around that size. The guy that owns the truck is 5'11 so he's not short by any means.
http://www.audiointegrations.net/page/page/3085671.htm

And here's a 76 pickup.
http://www.audiointegrations.net/page/page/3086857.htm
Quoted for beauty that everyone should observe.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't know how close a 69 to a 72 is but i think almost identical? anyways here's one we did with a diamond slim 12" They don't make it anymore, but you can find them online in clearance, or just look at the specs and then get a woofer around that size. The guy that owns the truck is 5'11 so he's not short by any means.
http://www.audiointegrations.net/page/page/3085671.htm

And here's a 76 pickup.
http://www.audiointegrations.net/page/page/3086857.htm
Damn! That's nice. The 69 and 72 are identical behind the seat. If you can build a setup similar to that for me (maybe with two subs), PM me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts