GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2014 Chevy Silverado LT (2w/d) and I currently have 275/55-r20 GoodYear Wrangler Duratrac (35psi) , which are mounted on 20x8.5 XD Rockstars Gen 1... And I am having problems , I know about the all the vibration threads on here and in all the other forums, but for some reason I have vibrations from about 65 and up.. It's not a hating vibration, but it is felt and when I reach those speeds the front middle console shacks like crazy .. So long story short I have had discount tire re balance then 4 times and it doesn't seem to go away, but with every time the do balance them the vibration is less and less .. This last time the said that they would make it right and let me swap tires.. I am looking at;

Nitto Terra Grappler G2 - 275-55/r20

Toyo Open Country AT II - "

BF Goodrich AT KO 2 - "

Out of the three which would be the better or what is your experience with them??

Any help is appreciated
Sorry it's so long !

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts
Those particular Nittos and Toyos are damn near the same tires. Both very solid AT choice for all season.
That said, I just switched one of my trucks from Nitto TGs to the Duratracs and so far I'm happy.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those particular Nittos and Toyos are damn near the same tires. Both very solid AT choice for all season.
That said, I just switched one of my trucks from Nitto TGs to the Duratracs and so far I'm happy.
Thanks and hopefully you have better luck then I did with the duratracs!

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Out of those, the Toyos. Check into the Hankook Dynapro ATM though. Great tire.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hankook aTm x2 are good. Never had problems with.
Also Cooper Zeons are what I'm running now, also great tires on light duty trucks (1/2 tons)

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Never had any of those but I loved my Cooper Discoverer STTs

·
This place sucks dicks
4,938 Posts
Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the input guys, I am going to go with the Nitto Terra Grappler G2.. I hope they work out for me ..

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
wow i haven't even heard of those G2's before but they look really nice! have a bit more aggressive look to them!

as an employee of discount tire for 5 years and counting, you cannot go wrong with the nitto terra graps if you're looking for a smooth riding tire.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wow i haven't even heard of those G2's before but they look really nice! have a bit more aggressive look to them!

as an employee of discount tire for 5 years and counting, you cannot go wrong with the nitto terra graps if you're looking for a smooth riding tire.

Thanks!! And yeah the tire is new, well s newer version of the original Terra grappler ..

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I read somewhere it got redesigned from the ground up, obviously the tread is the same though. The lugs got reinforced and I think they made the siping deeper which are both good things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I read somewhere it got redesigned from the ground up, obviously the tread is the same though. The lugs got reinforced and I think they made the siping deeper which are both good things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is patly why I am taking a chance on them.. And also these have a mileage warranty as the first Gen Terra's didn't have it

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
kinda wish these things were around before i got my trail graps. don't get me wrong i love the trail graps but as i'm getting older, the mud tire highway drone is getting to me. let us know how you like them

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
kinda wish these things were around before i got my trail graps. don't get me wrong i love the trail graps but as i'm getting older, the mud tire highway drone is getting to me. let us know how you like them

Will do.! I should have them one sometime this week, they had to order them. I would love to have a M/T tire but other then the mile and half diet road to the house the truck just sees the pavement...

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts
Yeah the Toyos got a new sidewall design as well this year.

The problem with Trail Graps is just how godamn heavy they are, it's ridiculous, like the General Grabber red letters. Sucks up all your power/efficiency and puts more beating on suspension.

Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials
Bias ply gum walls.

·
Knuckle Buster
1,001 Posts
Had the KOs on my blazer and loved them but my buddy just bought the new duratrac tires and says they are better. The toyos and nitto AT are about the same. Just had the n ittos and loved them . Get the KO2s if you do a lot of dirt offroad

·
& Stump Pulling
1,041 Posts
I just went with a new set of BFG Mud Terrains, great tire IMO...
image_zps04ca7d83.jpg

1 - 19 of 19 Posts