GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought an 04 single cab 4x4 silverado and want to do something to it. i sold a z28 camaro to get it cuz i needed a truck. i thought about lifting it, but i still need to be able to load stuff in the bed and thought that it would make it a hassle. i was told that if i leveled it 33" tires would fit. Is this true? would it even look good. if it is does ne one have pics so i know what it looks like. sorry for the newbie question, i just have no idea how to go about stuff like this. i have been a camaro person for the past couple years and never really payed attentiont to the truck scene. thanks

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
Yes i think a 285/75/r16 or 285/70/r17 tire would fit with little to no trimming. That measures right around 33 inches. I have 38" tires on my truck and put a quad in the bed frequently to go riding along with a fullsize spare and whatever other equipment i need. Its pretty easy if you get one of those metal ramps that fit your truck.

·
Pink Bear Man...
1,455 Posts
You in the right spot my friend. Although if i were you, i would wait until my warantys up to do anything. Although, leveling and 285s wouldnt look bad.

·
Registered
832 Posts
loading a lifted truck is a pain in the ass. my truck with just 6 inches of lift is hell to load shit in. Sure you can get the ramps drive atvs in, but not everything is on wheels. 52" flat screen projection tv, was hell on earth getting out of my truck. Plus jumping to get in the bed to get shit after a long days of work sucks dick. If you plan on using your truck alot for work and heavy equip either suck it up and lift it (which I did, and sometimes regret when we move heavy ass shit) or stay stock with 33s. One thing that isnt so bad is a 3 inch body lift and 33s. Give you a lil extra height and a better look IMO and still very useable.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
just lift it! I load heavy shit in and out of my bed all of the time and had 9" of lift on it. Now I got way more and still will be loading shit in and out. Its a good workout! (It was fun getting my 175lb spare tire up into the bed last weekend!)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I say lift the truck. I just spent the trail end of the summer moving and didn't have any trouble loading and unloading my truck. I've got 6" of lift and it really isn't any trouble.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Lift it, but just stay 6" or under. It'll still be a big truck and it won't be hell when you try to load things.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the tips. i have to load generators and stuff in and out several times a day so i dont want it to be too much of a hassle. would leveling it and bigger tires void the warranty? if so then i can wait im in no rush. i miss my z28 but having a truck is way cool. this is a cool message board and if i keep getting replys like that u can bet ill stay here. thanks guys :bowtie:

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
from my experience, the dealer must prove that the aftermarket accessories caused the certain problem, for them to void your warranty.

For example... If my transfer case or rear end blows up, the dealership is going to void my warranty because I have an aftermarket suspension system and larger than stock tires. The angles my drivelines are at and the extra weight and tire size could cause the damage, so the dealer wouldn't fix it under warranty.

But, say my power windows go out, or my windshield wipers just randomly stop working. The dealership would still warranty these types of things, because obviously the tires and the lift kit didn't cause the power windows or the wipers to stop working.

In general with a lifted truck, the dealership will not warranty drivetrain problems, but they will warranty electrical or other mechanical type problems.

I think most dealerships call anything over a 33" tire a "oversized tire"

·
Registered
910 Posts
7 years later...lol

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
left/ level what ever you want do it. IMO having a lifted truck is nice for haulaing some times, I've never had any trouble loading anything into my truck on 37s with 9in of lift, and it makes it really nice when there is loading docks.

leveled on 33's you wont notice hardly any lift that will affect loading of the bed, it'll be about the same hight as a stock f150 at the tailgate.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
guess that is a plus im new here and dont pay much attention to the dates on these things. trying to figure it all out. Sorry if my poor gmfs etiquette pissed anyone off :)

·
2wd-RazorbackChevy
1,888 Posts
guess that is a plus im new here and dont pay much attention to the dates on these things. trying to figure it all out. Sorry if my poor gmfs etiquette pissed anyone off :)

lol i've learned to look at the dates from my past experience with bumping an ancient thread. At least you're not one of the new guys that immediately gets offended and leaves the site :crazy:

·
GMFS Enforcer
3,568 Posts
NO, if anything you should be rewarded for using the search. Now if you post a "What Gear" thread or "Pick my tires/wheels for me because I will run whatever people tell me is cool despite what I think is cool" thread, then you should be perma-banned.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Thanks! haha i dont want to start some thread like everyone else when i can just actually search and find what im looking for. Like i said im new to this site and just interested in seeing and learning whats out there! I work in retail while im going to college at a motorcycle dealership and have to deal with people everyday coming in here asking the same exact thing that the last person asks! So patients to the newbies is always a good thing!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts