GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a long thread but I figured it would get more views here. I was driving my "97 this morning when all of a sudden when taking off in second gear, it felt like I took my foot off the gas pedal for 1/2 of a second - loss of power. Then it repeatedly happened in first, second and thrid gear during acceleration. Does not fell like tranny slippage. What are your thoughts?? Thanks in advance...

·
bitter southern gun owner
1,142 Posts
fuel pump possibly or trash in the lines......maxxis85 had a sputtering probilem like that before though it was his tranny

·
Registered
8,114 Posts
look underneath and inspect the harness plugs that go into the tranny, theyre related wtih the speedometer and will cause the truck to act wierd.

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
Try the fuel pump. That same thing happened to me when I was low on fuel before my pump went out.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Fuel pump casey. Happend to me and drew on my 96 with a 1 hour drive home. Sucked ass lol. Mashed on it to get it moving. It would spit and cough under acceleration, at constant speeds i was fine. It was indedd my pump, but it did first feel like my tranny was slipping. Motor also ran fine and revved fine in neutral but when i put it in gear and it had a load on it to accelerate it would again cough and spit. I had a full tank of gas too. I paid a guy to deal with it. ( and i didnt lose any of my gas :crazy: )

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I feel retarded, it was just out of gas. I barely made it to the gas station, which is literally half a mile from where I work. It was chugging the entire way there. Apparently my gas guage isn't too accurate... I didn't think I was that low. Thanks for the help anyways guys. :shake:

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Well I feel retarded, it was just out of gas. I barely made it to the gas station, which is literally half a mile from where I work. It was chugging the entire way there. Apparently my gas guage isn't too accurate... I didn't think I was that low. Thanks for the help anyways guys. :shake:
:slap: for the stupidity
:shake: for figuring it out. Yes chevy gages suck and are not accurate.

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
:slap: for the stupidity
:shake: for figuring it out. Yes chevy gages suck and are not accurate.
Yeah, my gas gauge goes till above the "F" and stops just above the "E". And have you noticed GM mis-spelled "gauges" in our dashes? It says "Check Gages" not check gauges.:pepper:

·
Left Jizz
1,225 Posts
fuel pump, mine would intermittently stall and lose power when it was going. I pulled the box and had a new pump and filter in in under an hour.

And my truck likes to stall when I get down to 1/4 tank, but I can put 12 gallons in after the gauge hits full.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts