GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Team Black
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I took my truck to the track Friday night, my best E/T was 14.15 @ 97MPH. I really want to get into the 13's. Current mods are tune, k&n intake, shorty headers (were on the truck when I bought it), borla exhaust, and a 01 Z06 cam, and a 3000 stall.

Right now Im thinking of swapping the shorties for some LT's, and E-fans. I'm not sure what else though. I dont want to swap for a bigger cam.

Any suggestions? TIA

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
what do you have for gears/locker?
:word: and how was your traction? the last oomph you need might lie in a LSD and some sticky tires

·
Team Black
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I chirped a little off the line, so traction was okay. Im not sure of the gear ratio, Im trying to find those glovebox codes so I can check

·
Registered
8,260 Posts
gu6=3.42 :think:
gt4=3.73
gt5=4.10

im assuming you have 3.73 since yours came with the 5.3

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
LT headers and sticky tires will probably get you there. Who did the tuning on it? Oh yea Id go with a bigger cam lol, I know u dont want to, but you would not be dissapointed.

·
Asian as fuck!
3,863 Posts
what was your 60'?

·
Team Black
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have 3.42s

Brad Emmons tuned it. He has a shop up here in Bossier City, he also installed the cam and stall. One of his cars has been on "Pinks" on the speed channel.

60'-2.1

·
Registered
411 Posts
Slicks will get you at least .3 in the 1/4, up to .5. Assuming you have a locker.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Hell one tenth off your 60' would get you there.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Hell one tenth off your 60' would get you there.
Werd, with a 1.9x 60' he would be seeing 13.8-13.9. Putting some sticky tires and some LT's on there :read:

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Are you actually buying another truck for keeps this time? :rofl2:

·
Registered
6,654 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
guess i dont knowt the 5.3s well enough yet, friend of mine picked up close to 30 more rwhp on his LQ4 from an 01 to an 02 cam. guess i dont understand why the smaller 01 cam makes more power in the 5.3 someone please explain that to me?

·
Registered
172 Posts
actually the 01 is better I think

its smaller, like i said in the last post maybe i just dont know the 5.3s well enough, but in every other GENIII motor the 02 and up cam seem to make more power!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts