GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Needs a truck
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im lookin into buyin a GMC 1/2 ton Seirra this summer. Im lookin at 92-96. Is there anythin i should know about it before i buy. I have a S-10 Blazer right now, and i know what goes bad on them things and around what mileage, but i dont know what parts i should watch on the fullsize truck.

·
Registered
639 Posts
put a down payment on a 2004 :) lol...If the guy is presuring you to buy it walk away....always offer 1000$ less than he wants and work it from there. Always have the information on the truck before you go to see it. IE check the bluebook value online at kbb.com before, theres alot of people out there that will try and tell you oh its bluebook is higher than it really is.

Dont be afraid to walk away, they want you. If getting a used truck try to get it from a private party vs. a dealership, unless your buddy works at one and you can get a smoking deal. Dont give away your last dollar, because theres tax and licensing plus insurance to think about.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
If you can get something newer than a 95. The engines on the 06 and up have more power and better mpg. Not that an older one isn't good.

·
Needs a truck
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
O yeh, i mean im tryin to find the best year i can get, its just that i dont see many 95 and up trucks goin for the price range i am in, who knows though, maybe a good deal will come outta somewhere. BTW-thanks for the info :bowtie:

·
Registered
169 Posts
IMO, I like the interior and grille better on the '95 and up, on the Chevy's at least. Also, the '96-98 Vortec is a much better engine than the TBI.

·
Handshake Drugs
310 Posts
You never know what you can find. I got mine for under 6 and its a one owner that was a "senior citizen". :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts