GMC Truck Forum banner

Which tires?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to be put on an 07 classic 2500hd white.

On the current truck I've got BFG Mud terrains. They're not bad at all but I"m getting opinions.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
285 75 16

Those were the three that I came across @ 4-wheel parts.com. I'd love to get the nitto mud terrains but it's not time for a lift just yet.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
I see more and more trucks with the Mickey Thompson MTZs and I'm very impressed. I think they balance pretty well and you get decent mileage out of them for a mud tire. Plus, they don't really look like any other tire on the market.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Super Swampers own all. My cjoice of the 3 is BFG's but they are expensive as hel.

·
bitter southern gun owner
1,142 Posts
the claws cake up in sticky mud BAD and dont clean all that well

the mtz never seen them in action but from what i hear they are bad

and also what clem said they look like no other tire out there and IMO they resemble a nitto but just my 2cents:crazy:

and bfg m/t you can never go wrong with them

but like maxis says swampers owns all
and if your not keeping those tires long you can find some tires pretty cheap but bias

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BFG's are not that much more expensive than the MTZ.

Truck will be 95% street with some moderate off-road. It's mainly for looks to be honest.

here's the current truck with BFG's. The new one will be just like this one but white.

GoodShot.gif

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts

·
How y'all durrren?!
246 Posts
swampers are cheaper and will out do a bfg by 10 times.
Maybe I checked the wrong places, but everywhere I went in the Houston area the swampers were more $$$ than my BFG's for a 35" tire on a 17" wheel. I'm not knocking the swampers, I looked for those but found nothing in the size I wanted except the IROK's for over $300 a tire. Plus when I checked against the MTZ's and Toyo's, the BFG's were within $10 of both. I'm sure I could have gone to eBay to pick some up cheaper, but I hate shipping and am willing to pay a bit more to have an actual person in front of me to yell at when something goes wrong :D .

Tom

·
Cocksmith Extraordinaire
4,771 Posts
the claws are my vote. anyone who says they dont clean out must have no power. and if you drive on the highway alot i would get the mtz

·
The One The Only
27 Posts
Dune grapplers. My boss has them on his f250 but then again he's running 22's not sure if they make them in a 16.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts