GMC Truck Forum banner

Wheel options

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Jake
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright here's the deal, I had 20x10 AF Independence on my truck but I got an offer I couldn't refuse on them and I made about $1000 off of them. Now I'm stuck trying to decide which wheels I want to run now. I have 3 options:

First option is running some 20x10 AF Target's that I have sitting in my shop. They aren't done yet, but they will be when I get some time. The only reason I'm not dead set on these is they're only a x10 and I like width.
1F52CB7A-3A03-4E1D-9B77-BA5E9368F604_zpshyd4pqxu.jpg

Option two is picking up a set of 20x12 Weld Dunes. I've wanted dunes since I was 16 but they're super hard to come by. They're a pretty solid deal, but one rim has a hairline crack by the mounting hole for the lug nut. Doesn't really scare me, but ya know...
a83d37ab-ed5a-48c9-8648-a3440934cc1f_zpsfu3iultw.png

EC55EC88-B986-492D-8AC5-8432935274D6_zpspoemqvwa.jpg

Option three is get some 22x12 forces. This is what I want, but I just bought some property and it probably wouldn't be the best idea to drop $4k+ on rims and tires. If I go route 1 or 2 I should be able to afford a few other goodies like traction bars, tint, etc etc.

So lemee know what you guys think.

Haha thanks beck, pics of said truck:
27881521-1A6A-4DE9-9CF2-3D64E8EA67E9_zpsvwvntecj.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Alright here's the deal, I had 20x10 AF Independence on my truck but I got an offer I couldn't refuse on them and I made about $1000 off of them. Now I'm stuck trying to decide which wheels I want to run now. I have 3 options:

First option is running some 20x10 AF Target's that I have sitting in my shop. They aren't done yet, but they will be when I get some time. The only reason I'm not dead set on these is they're only a x10 and I like width.

Option two is picking up a set of 20x12 Weld Dunes. I've wanted dunes since I was 16 but they're super hard to come by. They're a pretty solid deal, but one rim has a hairline crack by the mounting hole for the lug nut. Doesn't really scare me, but ya know...

Option three is get some 22x12 forces. This is what I want, but I just bought some property and it probably wouldn't be the best idea to drop $4k+ on rims and tires. If I go route 1 or 2 I should be able to afford a few other goodies like traction bars, tint, etc etc.

So lemee know what you guys think.
Need pics of truck, fg.t

Edit:

http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=295134

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Targets got my vote

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Dunes come with tires?

Did you plan on selling the targets in order to get the dunes? If not, I'd buy the dunes and fix up both sets, test both on your truck and see which you like better, sell other set, prawfit.

Can't go wrong either way you decide to go. Except the last option, I'd say that one sucks being that you just bought a house.

·
Yake is a Fgt
3,582 Posts
Get 22x12's stop being ghey

But, Dunes are sick and if it's that good of a deal i'd jump on it. Roll em until you get the itch for something new again.

Targets are ug as fuck sell them ASAP

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Any luck finding a single weld to replace that one?

·
Jake
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dunes come with tires?

Did you plan on selling the targets in order to get the dunes? If not, I'd buy the dunes and fix up both sets, test both on your truck and see which you like better, sell other set, prawfit.

Can't go wrong either way you decide to go. Except the last option, I'd say that one sucks being that you just bought a house.
Ya the dunes come with some Federal tires, the only thing is there's not really a market for either of these rims around here. People like the black and milled cheaper the better rims.
Get 22x12's stop being ghey

But, Dunes are sick and if it's that good of a deal i'd jump on it. Roll em until you get the itch for something new again.

Targets are ug as fuck sell them ASAP
It is a pretty damn good deal but the crack has me leary.

Any luck finding a single weld to replace that one?
I found a single 20x10 and a single 20x12 but the x12 is chrome... so no not yet :insane2:

·
Jake
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is almost exactly what my truck would look like with the doonz
D38FBC3F-3415-4A85-9E53-E32CA29AC28B_zpsuskugzam.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Have other 3 chromed or strip and polish that one. Wish I could find welds I loved those wheels.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
id be leary as fuck of that crack, hurry up and finish the targets and just run those until they sell and use all that profit to buy 22s

·
I got work to do
6,024 Posts
Alright here's the deal, I had 20x10 AF Independence truck but I got an offer I couldn't refuse on them and I made about $1000 off of them.
Made about a thousand off them? How much did you pay for them? Lol. I personally liked the Independence more then the Dunes. They just dont give you that stance like the Dunes will.

Have other 3 chromed or strip and polish that one. Wish I could find welds I loved those wheels.
6 lug Dunes look much better IMO. Id love a set of 20x12 Dunes as well. But Cheyennes are my all time favorite.

id be leary as fuck of that crack, hurry up and finish the targets and just run those until they sell and use all that profit to buy 22s
What he said.

·
i like interco
3,269 Posts
Doonz brah. Although depending on the deal bc I wouldn't run that cracked one. Almost any weld shits on american forces :IMO I hate that flat faced no detail shit.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
buy the 4th x12 dune and strip/polish imo

x10's are way too narrow for your truck. polish the targets to sellable quality then unload them on some kid who will pay $$ just to have the name AF because theyre ugly as fak

·
Jake
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tempting but the chrome one is $900 for a single.
Yeah, I guess I have time since the weather is still shitty outside and I have a DD car to drive. The crack scares me.
Made about a thousand off them? How much did you pay for them? Lol. I personally liked the Independence more then the Dunes. They just dont give you that stance like the Dunes will.

6 lug Dunes look much better IMO. Id love a set of 20x12 Dunes as well. But Cheyennes are my all time favorite.
I got the rims for $1200 and the tires for $800, sold for $3200 within a few days of posting on craigslist from a guy about 10 hours away haha.
I REALLY want 22x12 cheyennes but they're about as rare as a great white buffalo.
Doonz brah. Although depending on the deal bc I wouldn't run that cracked one. Almost any weld shits on american forces :IMO I hate that flat faced no detail shit.
:crazy:
buy the 4th x12 dune and strip/polish imo

x10's are way too narrow for your truck. polish the targets to sellable quality then unload them on some kid who will pay $$ just to have the name AF because theyre ugly as fak
Yep, I got a buddy whose willing to give me about $700 more than I paid for them so from the profit I made off both sets I should be able to get what I want.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts