GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i decided to go between a 4/6 and a 3/5 with a 3/6 for some cali lean

i was thinkin 2" spindles and 1" coils in the front with a 6" flip kit in the rear.

whats the best place to order all of this and would i be able to run a 275/45VR20 hankook ventus st?

i imagine everyone is going to say go with doestch tech shocks right?

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
i dont have those drop shocks...but i havent had the time to even get any ordered...so im running a 2/8 right now.
HPIM2541.jpg

yes, i know..."*******" workshop..but hey it's where my tools are at..and the only place i feel safe leaving everything i own. my apartments not big enough to house my tools and my everyday stuff along with the gfs stuff. but, dad lets me use his yard, and he even told me it looks good for it being so low :pepper:. my last truck he told me im ruining it because its too low.
on 255-55-18s
no tow package..
i just got it installed probally 5 minutes ago, so i havent had time to ride in it yet...lets just hope that i can bare it till next week when i get the cash to buy drop shocks, and maybe some rims.

·
Registered
6,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont have those drop shocks...but i havent had the time to even get any ordered...so im running a 2/8 right now.
on 255-55-18s
no tow package..
i just got it installed probally 5 minutes ago, so i havent had time to ride in it yet...lets just hope that i can bare it till next week when i get the cash to buy drop shocks, and maybe some rims.
:insane: a 2/8? belmont would be proud

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
chevycrew is running a 0/6 at the moment....your truck will be sweet with the drop

·
Registered
178 Posts
Bad Habit Customs. I'll sell you a McGaughy's kit...
99-06 correct
2" spindle, 1" coils, 6" flip kit, C-notch, & shocks.......$599
In stock ready to ship.

·
Registered
6,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bad Habit Customs. I'll sell you a McGaughy's kit...
99-06 correct
2" spindle, 1" coils, 6" flip kit, C-notch, & shocks.......$599
In stock ready to ship.

sounds like a good deal to me, let me get rid of this first

P1010176.gif

edit*- everything i own is fucking blue :D

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
i seen a 4 wheeler just like that today on the way home....it was down 444 out by french settlement.

·
resident pyromaniac
7,499 Posts
how much drop do you have? trucks lookin damn good man
i'm at 4/8 now. do it. you wont regret it if you do it right the first time and thats what it sounds like you're trying to do. personally, i wouldnt do the 3/5, i'd opt for lower. just like they say, you'll always want to be lower. its the truth. go ahead and do ATLEAST a 4/6 on it man. if you want cali lean, throw a drop shackle on the back! i am running doetsch techs right now and have no complaints with them. i didnt know how much money you had to spend so i thought i'd throw the IAS's out there for consideration as well:jester: oh yeah, thanks on the compliments!

·
Registered
6,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i'm at 4/8 now. do it. you wont regret it if you do it right the first time and thats what it sounds like you're trying to do. personally, i wouldnt do the 3/5, i'd opt for lower. just like they say, you'll always want to be lower. its the truth. go ahead and do ATLEAST a 4/6 on it man. if you want cali lean, throw a drop shackle on the back! i am running doetsch techs right now and have no complaints with them. i didnt know how much money you had to spend so i thought i'd throw the IAS's out there for consideration as well:jester: oh yeah, thanks on the compliments!

man i just cant static drop it 4" in the front. pulling into places here i would scrape my bumper. my buddy has a 3/5 and i like it i just want it to be a little lower in the back

·
Registered
676 Posts
I like the 3/6 myself and for the most part i think it sits more level then a 4/6. But Matt's deffinently right as far as youll wanna go lower but thats why they make bags!!! And I would be all over that kit from Bad Habit Customs if my bills for my cast werent a grand :( What kind of shocks does it come with Jeremy?

Ive read alot of stuff about dropping my truck and from what ive read you should be able to run the tires you have but most the time you have to roll your fenders. But i do see that you have the SS wheels so the backspacing should (if im correct) allow you to run your current setup, but i could be wrong and you do have a step side so im not positive on that! Im sure others will chime in!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts