GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GAWDANGIT sonofaB*tch...... this damn photoshop is pissin me off. is it cause it's just the 30 day trial. if so then I just wait till I can just buy it. I can't get the hang of this crap. I really wanna learn how. all I'm trying to do is color match my door handles and mirror. if someone could please help me I would greatly appriciate it. if you would do it for me, so I know it can be done, then I will be motivated to do it my self. here's the pic of my truck I'm trying to do. if it not a good pic let me know and I can do another pic. thanks in advance.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Don't get too frustrated, I find door handles and mirrors are hard to color match ..easier to shave. For the door handles I just cop and pasted my escalde handles.

·
Registered
182 Posts
OK... Dude here's how I do it. (It's really easy on a Pewter truck :) )

Take the Lasso tool (should be directly below the squeare/circle selection tool)
Layer > New > Layer via Copy (This will make the handle on another layer so you can clean it up later.)
Make sure the new Layer is selected in the Layer Window (bottom right by default I think)
At this point you can either Image > Adjustments > Desaturate then Image > Adjustment > Hue/Saturation (Make sure to select Colorize) then play with the top slider till you have it where you want it.

or

You can just goto Image > Adjustments > Replace Color. Take the Dropper on the right and select the color you wanna replace and the the dropper + icon untill you get everything you want to change then play with the sliders. To go from black to pewter just slide the bottom moslty. Maybe give it a little blue tint.

Now you probably have a really light place around the handle. Just erase what you don't need on the changed layer and the original will shine through :)

Good luck man. This should work with the trial, but I have never used it so I'm unsure.

·
Registered
182 Posts
The first pic is the layer I made of your handles and mirrors. Clicking the Eye beside the layer will make it invisible.

Once you have it as a layer you can do just about anything with it. All of your color stuff is under Image > Adjustments. I used Desaturate and Hue/Saturation this time. The middle slider on Hue/Saturate will have to be almost all the way to the left. Otherwise you will have a very colorized mirror.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts