GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running a djm 4/6 on stock 255/70/16's. More now than before if I hit a large bump, I will rub the wheel well with my front left tire (my front right, less often). This has been going on so long that its finally eating through the plastic and there is the electrical center and stuff on the other side. Do I need a stiffer shock or a metal wheel well?

Im currently rolling on doetsch tech.

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
My DT's are pretty stiff if you ask me. But then again I'm running a 3" drop coil and you are on the stock coils w/ a drop LCA.

·
Just Cruz'n
133 Posts
Maybe you should try running DJM shocks because I am running those and I think they are pretty stiff. But I had this kit on for about almost 3 weeks.

·
Rollin with Saget
1,594 Posts
i might try to get a smaller size tire... if ur not in the market for new rims...

if its ur drivers side tire rubbing, it could be because of the extra weight from the driver (not sayin ur fat or nething), but the few pounds difference could be enough to cause the tire to rub... stiffer shocks will help out, but u may want to consider either new wheel/tire combo or relocate those electrics cause a low profile tire on a stock rim just looks like suck.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
03rado said:
DT shocks
Thats what Im running. I don't want a smaller tire, I would rather rub wheel well than frame and risk ruining my bumper cover over a single dip I failed to see.

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
if it were me...... I would ignore it, drive slower on corners, and make it an excuse to start saving $$$ fro new rims and tires.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts