GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So tonight I was driving home from my friends house when all of a sudden my power steering started humming and became really hard to turn so I pulled in a parking lot and had my friend come get me so I could go get some power steering fluid. We went and got some PS fluid and some lucas oil power steering leak fixer. We first add the PS and drove it around the parking lot and it seemed fine at first but then it started humming again so I checked to fluid level and it had gone down a lot so I added the lucas stuff. After we had waited a bit we started the truck up and drove it around the parking lot and did the same thing and started humming. Then pulled over and stopped to looked under the truck and there was the lucas stuff just pouring out on the ground right by the driver side a arm mount. Does it sound like I need a new rack and pinion or is it something else? Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

· HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
47,204 Posts
Call around, you can find places local to rebuild them. I have a place off 59/610 that does mostly Euro shit but can rebuild racks and install.

If in there, replace the return side hose while apart. This fails often...

actually go ahead and change your belts and the remainder of the hoses, your truck is 10-11 years old now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.