GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck has a 5.7L vortec. It’s a single axel 1999 c3500. Need to swap. I’ve been undecided on a crate ht383e or something with some ummph like an LS crate. Trying to find out if I am getting in over my head with an LS swap. I’m older and haven’t educated myself so I’m not as familiar with chips injection and harness more use to carb and a power glide. Your help is appreciated.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Unless you really understand the necessity of all the sensors, fuel pressure requirements, and tuning. It could get overwhelming the amount of money that a ls swap could consume. If money and time are not a big deal and you want to learn.... go for it.

Sent from my SM-J260A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
653 Posts
There seems to be two ways to do an LS swap. 1. Throw money at it and buy all of your components. This can be done with a basic skill level. or 2. Make as many components as you can. This will require a lot of research and more than a basic skill set.

Most people find a middle ground between the two obviously. Either way though there are plenty of write-ups online, read as many as you can to see what fits your skill level and financial situation.

The reality is there is no reason you couldn't do this yourself, just plan ahead.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts