GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just swapped my steering wheel for one with radio controls, and I messed up. When I pulled the old wheel it pulled the air bag wires out with it and cracked the plastic hub behind it that all of the wires plug into. It cracked right at the connection point of the wires and split the contacts. Now I have no cruise or radio controls and the air bag light is on.
Does anyone know what the piece is technically called, how to replace it and how much it costs?

Thanks ahead for the help. I feel like a complete tool for fucking myself like this, and I would like to fix it fast.

·
1,847 Posts
Damn, sounds like you messed up pretty bad. Look for a parts diagram. gmpartsdirect.com

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, it sucks pretty bad. GMParts doesn't really have a detailed enough picture to tell what I need.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anybody else have any ideas? I don't mean to be pushy, but I want to find out what it will take to fix this ASAP.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The dealer said a clock spring was around $120. They also said that they would need the last 8 digits of my VIN to order the exact one I needed, I wonder if that would show up on any later warranty work. Either way it's a relief to know that it can be fixed "simply".

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
The dealer said a clock spring was around $120. They also said that they would need the last 8 digits of my VIN to order the exact one I needed, I wonder if that would show up on any later warranty work. Either way it's a relief to know that it can be fixed "simply".
It shouldn't. All they do is input that in the computer and get the part.

If you're worried about warranty work, I'd be more worried about them seeing your truck didn't come with SWC or that exact steering wheel if something did mess up.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess that's a pretty valid point. With everything already done I guess the warranty shouldn't be a primary worry.

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,667 Posts
if you don't feel comfortable with the dealer doing it, I'll get you the part number

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I appreciate the offer, but I think I might need to see it on a diagram or something first. Just to be sure I'm getting the right thing and to maybe get a few clues on how to get to it. If I change my mind, I'll let you know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts