GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

So I have the FSM and the Hayes manual and I still can't seem to get the extended cab interior trim out of my 95. I've removed all the screws I can find, and the usual GM "pull till the christmas trees let go" method is resulting in lots of cracked and broken panels. WTF?!?!?! Do I need an effin :sawzall: to get them out? And how the Hell do you get the panels to pop off the lower seat belt retractor? :flame: There's a little panel there that pops off, but there are no fasteners to be found.

I'm at a loss. Normally I can have an interior out in a half our (not a chop shop, btw! ;)), but I've phucked with this one for hours! I just can't get the panels out! :think:

FSM just says "remove panel." Seriously? Gee, thanks.

HEP ME!!! HEP ME!!!!! :D

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ttt... Anyone got any tips? Or maybe point me to a thread that everyone but me knows about? :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Some panels a panel tool helps out a ton on. Also just working your way around the panel usually helps.
Where are the clips though? The illustrations in the FSM don't show. And I've cracked and broken the driver's side one enough to need to replace it if I ever do manage to get it off. I don't want to do the same thing to the passenger side.

I'm sure there will be an "Oooooooh! THAT's how it goes" sort of moment once I get it off, but I don't feel that I am even close to that point. ;)

I can get most of the panel to feel like it's going to come free, except for the bottom. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out howTF it is released from the seatbelt retractor mechanism.

Pics of the inside of a panel and the cab wall with no panel in place would totally effin' RAWK right about now!

TIA!

·
Smiggles
3,493 Posts
I think for the doors you have to take the screws in teh door handle thing and some other things, I saw a link on how to do it. let me find it for you

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know how to take the door panels off. Those are easy! Thanks for trying to find it anyways... :)

I just need to know how to take the inner extended cab panels off.

·
Smiggles
3,493 Posts
I know how to take the door panels off. Those are easy! Thanks for trying to find it anyways... :)

I just need to know how to take the inner extended cab panels off.
:shake: I try to help as much as i can
yea teh rear looks like a bitch to get off. you may have to get teh rear seats out for that

·
My Dixie Wrecked
5,510 Posts
Good luck. I need to remove mine too and it looks to be way more trouble than its worth to replace speakers

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i tried to get my extended cab stuff out and gave up on most of the lower half. good luck let us know how you fare. but you can fish around pretty much anything.
Damn. Seeing some of the stuff you've done with your truck, that doesn't instill me with much confidence. :(

Nice effin truck, BTW. :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
haha thanks man what is it you need to get to under all that
I was kinda hoping nobody would ask that. ;) Ya see, when me and my buddy were welding in new cab corners, we may or may not have set the insulation and jute padding on fire, slightly melting that panel. And maybe some wiring. Maybe. ;) :devil2:

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,241 Posts
I was kinda hoping nobody would ask that. ;) Ya see, when me and my buddy were welding in new cab corners, we may or may not have set the insulation and jute padding on fire, slightly melting that panel. And maybe some wiring. Maybe. ;) :devil2:
lol

They why not just rip that B out and get one from a junkyard to replace it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
lol

They why not just rip that B out and get one from a junkyard to replace it.
Well, I'd like to "do my destroying" on this already ruined piece, and take the one I'll be using apart more gently. ;)

Also, the passenger side extended glass is busted from the PO, and the C-pillar is crushed-in there, so I need to get that panel off, too, so I can pull that speaker out and try to "persuade" the dent to pop back out. ;)

Holy run-on sentence, Batman! :D

Anyone got a tip on how to get the glass frame out? :hmm: 3 boneyards have broken them on me trying to get them out for me. :untitled:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
nashua huh i went to BOW Auto Parts in Bow NH to get my 6.0 you ever know anyone out that way with a whippled 2500
I didn't know anyone with a whippled 2500, no.

And I can get the extended glass off no problem. I need to get the frame it bolts to out of the truck.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.