GMC Truck Forum banner

Help on a lift.

1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  KoTToN 
#1 ·
A friend of mine is looking to buy a new silverado for a daily driver and wants to lift it pretty tall but still usable for some offroad. I think hes leaning for a 1500 4x4 ext cab. Hes probably gona want about 38" tires so my question to you is can the ifs handle it? Do they still make the 1500HD? Would that IFS handle 38's? Hes either going to get a full throttle 9.5" or a CST 9-11" kit. Thanks for the help its probably gona go down this summer and he wants all of the info down before he gets it. :bowtie:

Discussion starter · #4 ·
I would get a 2500hd also but a brand new one = $$$$ But if he does a little wheeling like once or twice a year not very hard its not gona fall apart right? Hes looking at the FT 9.5 and the CST 9-11 i dont think i trust whiplash but the cognito looks good but cant get much info or pricing off their site.

Discussion starter · #6 ·
Alright guys thanks for the info. Ill tell him whats up and let him decide what he wants to do. Hopefully i can get him on this site and gets some pics up of whatever he does to it this summer.

Discussion starter · #7 ·
Ok so i think hes looking at getting a 1500 4x4 ext cab. with a ft 9.5" lift and 36's. I think that will hold a lot better than what he origionally wanted.

Discussion starter · #10 ·
Well the thing is hes on a budget of like 35 grand and a new 2500HD with some options is already above that. So your saying the reg 2500 non HD is the 1500HD?

Discussion starter · #13 ·
Jeff said:
yes :read: they have always been the EXACT same truck with different badges :read: :read:

the 1500HD badge was just a marketing ploy to get dummies to buy a bigger truck
those sons of bitches!!! :pissed:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.