GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im gettin a '96 Chevy Silverado and I doubt it will be lifted since im getting it used for around 5000-7000$. I was wondering, how much would a lift as high as 12'' cost? And how much would flowmaster exhaust, new paint job maybe. how much would all that cost? and how much would insurance cost for a new 16 year old driver cost with a 96 silverado?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was also thinking about a procomp but im not real familiar in what kind of lift kits there are and how much they all lift. If you wouldnt mind, maybe give me a quick recall of em?

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
For a full 12" suspension lift your looking at about $3000 for the lift, + instalation. Wheels are 600-1000 in most cases, and probably 38" or 40" tires, another 1200+.

A flowmaster muffler is only like 60 bucks, to have one welded on and dumped I would say 120 or so. If you want duals or tips that would be more.

Paint - not a clue - why bother painting a 4x4 unless your going to be making a show truck. Mines scratched to shit from wheeling it.

Insurance - ALL depends on your insurence, history etc.. Wont be cheap I do know that.

Welcome to GMFS by the way! :gmfs:

·
6,656 Posts
Dont get a procomp for an OBS truck, if your going to get a 6" get the rancho or dick cepeck. There is a 9.5" Full throttle, and a 12". Also a 10-12" cognito. There are others but those are the common ones.

·
6,656 Posts
Yeah I bought it new. Ive done all the work except the lift (had it put on before I knew what I was doing) but have had pretty much all of it apart and back together since then.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just want a pretty good looking truck, maybe take it offroading here and there but i wanted it lifted and hauling ass. You have any recommendations on what i should do to it?

·
5.5MPG!!!!!!!All Day Long
123 Posts
supercharge it and get it high enough to clear 53's. :welcome: :gmfs:

·
6,656 Posts
Well then you will definatly want to swap your gears also then to make up for the lost power from putting on bigegr tires. Also be warned, lifted trucks and hauling ass dont mix to well sometimes. Higher center of gravity, driving fast, you get the point, just be careful!

One of the first things you should ask yourself is what size tire do you want to run, then decide teh amount of lift from there.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I honestly am in the dark with the tire sizes and the needed lift for each. I was thinking a nice 6''-8'' lift that would be pretty good. Speed i dont really care for much right now, i just want to lift it first without it burning a hole in my pocket. My goal is to lift it, then build it up with audio (SQ with some SPL) then ill worry about speed later.

·
6,656 Posts
6" are 1200-1700 depending on the brand. You can expect to pay 500-700 instal I would guess.

·
Registered
187 Posts
all 6" + suspension lifts will cost at least $1200 for a decent one. Then expect about 500 for installation. You are gonna have to get new rims if you want to run a bigger tire. So expect about 5-600 for a decent set of rims. 7-800 for tires. Plus you may want options like dual shocks, steering stabilizers, trac bars, etc. I dont know about gears, someone else can tell ya that. BTW this is a round about prices for a base 6" lift with 35's. Help me out if im off on anything guys....

1 - 20 of 41 Posts