GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
LOW BLOW CUSTOMS
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, thanks to DEMON :) i'm gonna be back in the audio game again, i wasn't gonna do anything crazy till i got this deal, so here goes 4 RE8 Subs behind the seat now i need a new amp which will be mounted under the seat so i don't give 2 craps what it looks like, i want the best performanace for the buck... i've been looking @ IKESOUND.com and heres what i am thinking about

Profile cl1200 300W 150.00
Audiobahn A80000T 400W 179.00
Precision Power PCX280 320W 100.00 ( refurbished)
Orion 3002 300W 89.00
HiFonics ZX4000 ??? 162.00

now it'll be running 1 channed bridged @ 2 ohm's speakers say 200 watts RMS
Back when i used to be into this stuff PPI was the SHIZNIT, and my buddy has an orion that is a TANK

ALSO NEED HELP with a ALPINE headunit, nothing fancy just needs to have a subwoofer control on it and a remote any suggestions?????

THANKS
DAN!!!

·
GMFS Firefighter
133 Posts
Hifonics are ok
You might check out USaucoustics I have been very pleased with the ones I have had. Or maybe a soundstream

Those RE 8's will sound bad a though.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Precision Power PCX280 320W 100.00 ( refurbished)
Orion 3002 300W 89.00
HiFonics ZX4000 ??? 162.00

cabt really go wrong with aby of these for the price

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
Orion a tank? whats that mean?

·
LOW BLOW CUSTOMS
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
supermachine said:
and my buddy has an orion that is a TANK
it is awesome ... powerwise, looks cool and he has NEVER had any problems with it in about 4 years, it's just like a tank, tough as hell and damn near indestructible

must not use phrases like that where your from huh

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
no its more like it tanked, as in bombed

·
GMFS Enforcer
3,568 Posts
For amplification, I recommend Audiobahn. I have the A8001DT, and I have it crankin' 800 watts RMS to two Audiobahn 12" High Excursion Subs. Couldn't be happier. www.audiobahninc.com :D :D

·
GMFS Enforcer
3,568 Posts
Oh yeah, and since it is a class D amp, there isn't very much strain on the battery. I would recommend running a capacitor if you exceed 500 watts.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
axisT6 said:
Oh yeah, and since it is a class D amp, there isn't very much strain on the battery. I would recommend running a capacitor if you exceed 500 watts.

just to clear up something just becuase its class d doesnt mean there is very little strain on your altenator
i had a jbl 1200.1 on a 200 amp alt and there was defintly still alot of strain just not quite as much compared to a class a/b amp

capacitors suck and hurt most systems because they just add another drain to the altenator... they may help some if you have a charging system that already keeps up with the amount of power your pulling

also :word: to what demon said... looks dont mean chit when it comes to sound

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.