GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup guys, I need some help with my 01' Silverado. My power steering pump has always been loud and had a whine to it :insane: I had the dealer check it once before and reported normal. I have atleast 5+ friends with NBS 99+ and none of them have a whine like I do. Also we have 2 03+ in the driveway and theres a quiet. Well on Friday, my power steering went out and I had NO steering unless the truck was going 5+ MPH. If it was stopped I couldnt even turn the wheel :think: I drove it home and made a appointment at the dealer. I started it the next day to check it, and you can turn the steering wheel now, but if you rev the engine and turn u get a horrible whining/screeching sound. Im pretty sure its the pump. Also, when I turn lock to lock, my wheels will stop turning but my steering wheel will keep goin if ya turn it.....WTF! Any advice guys??????? I took it to the dealer they drove it and said it was fine. I went down there to pick it up n decided to show them before I left. Sure enough, he found resistance in the steering wheel, and the horrible noise when reved and turned. Also showed him lock to lock.....just want GMFS tech support :) Damn whiny PS pump causin drama lol .....Thanx! :whip:

·
Rollin with Saget
1,595 Posts
thats strange. mine used to do that, too, but i also drive a 94. i replaced mine and it went away.

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
did urs affect lock to lock turning and such also? :insane:

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, they ordered a PS pump and gunna start with that :rocking: :anitoof:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts