GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Goin' Up
2001 Silverado
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was driving home tonight, temperature was about 65-70...
And outta no where, my temp gauge started goin crazy... shooting up to 260, then to 220 and then to 0, then back to normal...

Shes an 01 with the 4.8 has about 57,000miles on it...
Has a brand new coolant temp sensor(the old one would shoot straight to hot and then off and after changing that one it was fine)...

My truck IS bagged, and NOT tubbed (so when its "laid out" it rests on the wheel wells) there IS a sufficient amount of coolant in the truck...
And there IS a CEL because my cats are bad...
The ABS lights on and the codes it has aaarreee C0223, C0221 C022...

Any help would be greatly appreciated... Im also posting this in the "maintenance" section I figure it might be common...

The video is in the link below, ignore the oldies in the background... It was Sunday night... If you have the patience to watch the gauges and the lights go on and off feel free...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3mBVLeAkvE

·
Goin' Up
2001 Silverado
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody!? :(

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
probably a stepper motor going bad

no warning of overheating in the display, so Im guessing the stepper motor

·
Goin' Up
2001 Silverado
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[MENTION=12351]2005_Silverado[/MENTION]
yeah the display says overheating, i unplugged the coolant temperature gauge and the truck ran fine... the damn thing is three months old, i dont get how it went bad aready...

·
Need Moar Low
2,286 Posts
Use some kind of scan tool to see how hot it is running to be sure. Im sure its a cluster issue like said above

Also posting in the correct areas may help for a faster/better response.

·
Goin' Up
2001 Silverado
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[MENTION=38648]Peyton676[/MENTION] I know, i just wasnt sure whether it was common for bagged out trucks that aernt tubbed...
when i lay it on the wheel wells, it leaks antifreeze because of the hoses and i thought it may have something to do with it but i did also post it in the maintenance section

1 - 6 of 6 Posts