GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '92 Silverado and want some advice on minor mods. Please respond with your thoughts on the following:

- Does the Chevrolet badge on the tailgate have any clips or holes underneath? I want to debadge the rear, but want to confirm I won't leave anything that has to be filled. Hoping this will be a simple mod.

- Where's the best place to locate best priced light fixture replacements for the headlights, taillights, and turn signals?

- Are the trim pieces along the perimeter adhered on or do they have clips as well?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Here's a pic when I first got her and planned mods are: tint, new rally wheels, Stylline grille, new dual exhaust, spray in bedliner...I've removed the tonneau cover.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
As far as I know there are no clips on the side mouldings, but considering the age of your truck the color behind them may be slightly different from the rest of the truck. I'm not sure about behind the chevy emblem on the tailgate, I think it might have a plastic clip behind it.

I think the cheapest place to find new lights would be ebay.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I'm gonna test removing one of the Silverado badges this weekend to see if there is any discoloration. If not, I may try and remove the side molding as well.

This truck inspired me -

·
Registered
476 Posts
No clips on the tailgate banner, But make sure that nobody ever painted anthing as there will be a line around it where they masked it off.
That truck looks just like my 95 I just sold only mine was a Ex-Cab, I'll try to find a pic. I had 00 GMC moldings on it. (The chrome ones)

LK

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, took one of the Silverado badges off the B Pillar (I think that's right) and found that indeed the truck has been sprayed. I had been told that the owner before me had the hood repainted under a recall. But, I guess they went ahead and sprayed the whole truck. That sucks! I was really looking forward to debadging and removing the moulding. But, it's a truck and not my daily driver. And it'll never be a show truck. However, I'm still gonna get the Styleline grille, tint the windows, and get the bed sprayed at some point. Have to have my personal touches.

Thanks again for the pointers guys!

·
Registered
476 Posts
jaro92silverado said:
Well, took one of the Silverado badges off the B Pillar (I think that's right) and found that indeed the truck has been sprayed. I had been told that the owner before me had the hood repainted under a recall. But, I guess they went ahead and sprayed the whole truck.
Thanks again for the pointers guys!
Yea, When I did my 95 I was on the last piece of trim (LH Cab corner) and it peeled the paint right off, It had been repainted and they put the molding on afterwards but the paint let loose. (Sucks)

LK

1 - 6 of 6 Posts