Brief description of what I currently have:

(2) 10" Poweracoustik Subs

Dual 4 Ohm Voice Coils
1100 Watts power handling
450 Watts RMS
100 oz Magnet
2" BASV Aluminum Voice Coil
Mounting Depth: 5.75"

(1) Crunch 1000.1 Mono Amp (Ran at 1ohm)

4 ohms: 250 watts x 1 chan.
2 ohms: 500 watts x 1 chan.
1 ohm: 1000 watts x 1 chan.

The subs are in a VERY under sized pre-fab box that fits under my rear seat and I am currently looking into re-doing my sub setup. I understand that the stuff I have now is budget, low end, sub par junk basically, so other than my proposed setup if anyone has any other ideas please feel free.

That being said, I have 2 ideas in mind, first I was thinking of just upgrading the box to this:
http://www.subthump.com/chd.htm

Then upgrading my subs to something along the lines of some 10" Fi's or RE's. And then running them with a Sundown 3000D.

My next thought was to build a custom center console enclosure and run (1) JL 10W7. Either with the same Sundown amp or with a JL 1000/1.

I would assume that the JL setup would provide more bass and sound better (again, this is just an assumption), but my question is, how much cleaner, louder and all around better do you all think the JL setup would sound? I guess I am looking for all around performance, Im a bass junkie, so I like it lound and alot of it. Hopefully that is enough info, I know its kinda general, but Im just trying to figure out if its worth it do remove my center console and build up a box vs. just upgrading the box that would go under my rear seat, just didnt know what kind of difference I would see between the 2 setups. Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
iwould go with whe fi or re with the sundown sae1200d 0r saz1500d the saz3000d would be overkill on 2 10s but you never know if you got wanted to pay the price for the re sexxx they could take the beating . i stay away from the w7 line they are overpriced and sound funny to me

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you're really wanting to go custom and get serious power I would suggest taking out your back seat and getting 2 pilot chairs like in the fron and custom fab them to fit. After this you can use the entire middle section to custom build a box and fit maybe 2 12's. This is a complicated mod but if you get creative and do it right it looks awesome. And also, I would recommend Kicker audio.

·
Sparkplugs FTL
1,957 Posts
dude crunch audio is still around wow news to me.

but my buddy owns ss rides and has installed re subs in atleast 10+ cars. us amps makes top notch shit i would go with that. jl u pay so much for the name when ive never been wowed by one of their products.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
btw that crunch amp will be at best half of what you have it listed rated at and in no way is it 1ohm stable at all . really go with sundown forhte amps and re or fi for the subs kicker is just like jl over priced for a name and quality sucks l7s are ok but buttop dollar price for low end sub

1 - 8 of 8 Posts