GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Goin' Up
2001 Silverado
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Titles pretty self explanatory, but I've been thinking of this for quite a while and it seems that i only have a couple options...
OH! and before i posted i DID check the exhaust section and this bagged section and didnt find anything like this.

1. Make the pipes go over the rear axle BUT its alot of bends and it might be too restrictive/loss of the beautiful sounds...
OR!!!
2. This ones creative... Fix NOT WELD a hanger on the axle close to the diff(because the axle wont move up and down with the body) and put something similar to whats in the link below, way up by the transmission crossmember so it wont be flexing too much.

Btw, the rear travels is 13inches from dumped to filled to the max.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've seen guys run the exhaust over the top of the frame then between the notch and the back of the brakes. Bent to follow the frame. Seems to work well

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I'll be experimenting with this when I install the ART 4-link air bar w/panhard bar, just that can't come soon enough.

·
Goin' Up
2001 Silverado
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Crane- I was thinking of doing that but i didnt want abuncha bends in a 3in pipe...
withthe bendable things i could put way up right after my first hanger so the angle itd bend wouldnt be so sharp and secure the pipes to the top o the rear axle somehow (since the axle is the only thing really in the way) and BAZING!!! rear exit exhaust...

·
Goin' Up
2001 Silverado
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I set up the exhaust on my Sonoma to exit through the passenger wheel. Works pretty good. But coming out of the rear wouldn't be hard the bend would just have to clear the axle.
Really, do you have rims on it? and do they get dirty fast from the exhaust?
thats the only reason i didnt really consider side exit

1 - 7 of 7 Posts