GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running a 3/4 drop so it doesn't need to tuck but I don' want it to look like a roller skate either.

LK

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I don't know about fitting or not. But I would go with at least 20"s. 18"s don't take up enough wheel well on a low truck. IMO
I would go and get both put on and see which you like better. I bet you roll with the 20"s.

·
WorkinSmarterNotHarder
450 Posts
:word: about the 20's. You might get more answers under the street or exterior subforums.

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
... maybe he doesnt have enough $$$ for the Dubs.. I do agree with them about the 20's, but you can still roll on 18's with that drop if you get enough tire.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, I don't have the coin for dubs. The tires I want to run are 255/55/18 and are right around the same diameter as stock so they should look alright. The roads around here are $hi+ also so with the 18's I can get a little more sidewall.

LK

·
WorkinSmarterNotHarder
450 Posts
I agree with Demon, just wait a little longer and save up more money. You're gonna want to get 20's after having the 18's. Might as well just get them now.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's not so much the wheels as the tires. I was quoted 150.00 ea for the 18's and 300.00 + for the 20's - Thats some difference. Maybe I need to shop some more. I know you can get as much sidewall on a 20 but it's all relative to the rim. if the overall diameter is the same a 18 will have 1" more sidewall.

LK

·
WorkinSmarterNotHarder
450 Posts
300+ for 20 inch tires sounds expensive. My brother paid 325 each for his Nittos 285/35/22. I think you might wanna shop around a little more. Get the 20's, trust me, you're gonna want them down the road, might as well save up for them now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts